PDA

View Full Version : Biz601 random reboots.

Custom Search

Copier Whisperer
05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I have a Biz601 that randomly reboots during a copy job, but never shows any service codes. I have checked the coronas for HV leaks and drum ground -all OK. It is close to PM time, and CQ is good when it works. The machine has just over 1M copies. anybody have any ideas?

EarthKmTech
05-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I've had this before with a dodgy power cable.

make sure its seated correctly in the IEC socket at the back of the machine and also into the power outlet. Check for evidence of arcing at the IEC connector pins, if any replace the power cable.

habik
05-08-2013, 01:56 PM
I've had this before with a dodgy power cable.

make sure its seated correctly in the IEC socket at the back of the machine and also into the power outlet. Check for evidence of arcing at the IEC connector pins, if any replace the power cable.

DITTO..but I had it on Fiery on a C253 about 3 years ago! Had to change IEC socket connector and Power cable!

Copier Whisperer
05-08-2013, 03:48 PM
:) Found it! It was the separation wire. Even though I checked it visually, it still looked like it was strung across properly. The wire broke at the point where it is supported by the plastic tab, but it was stuck to the plastic, appearing to be intact. The machine finally threw a 2703 code. New wire, machine happy.

Custom Search