PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C224: Mac unable to print color

Custom Search

Kookaburra
05-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Help plz. 10.7 Mac is unable to print color from C224. Have installed the latest v2.0.8 driver. Another connected Windows PC does not have this problem.

EarthKmTech
05-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I've set up plenty of these machines on mac's including 10.7 & 10.8 without issue, printing via ip / port 9100.

I suggest you trash the printer installation and start again from scratch, using only the correct drivers downloaded directly from the KM website for your country.

I'm a technician and always ensure the machines are upto date with the latest firmware too, i seem to recall there being a minimum firmware level for the latest mac drivers to operate correctly too.

mo0651
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I have seen MONO drivers for some of the newer stuff.

miesjel
05-13-2013, 08:30 AM
There are two ways to install a printer on a Mac (as you might know). Via bonjour (similair to windows add printer wizard) and via the local IP port. Toshiba MFP's do have some wierd problems when you install them via bonjour, if you install them via the local IP port most of the problems are solved immediatly. Maybe this is the same with Konica's, but i havent had any problems with the Konica's.

As mo0615 mentioned, there are mono drivers available.

emujo
05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Since you say "unable to print color" I would assume you have the MAC driver installed correctly, but to be sure...It should be a IP printer and you should select LPD from the dropdown...My guess is you have user authentication turned on with "Public User" allowed. This would allow B&W printing, but unless you navigate to the output settings and check off "user authentication" and input your credentials, you will not get any color out of the MFP...Same as windows but harder to find if you're not familiar with the MAC OS...You can rule out the Mono version of the driver by checking to see if you can select color. The mono driver has no color options. When you open the printers list, you should see the driver associated with the installed printer, it should "NOT" say "generic PS" driver. Emujo

Kookaburra
05-15-2013, 04:57 AM
Since you say "unable to print color" I would assume you have the MAC driver installed correctly, but to be sure...It should be a IP printer and you should select LPD from the dropdown...

Thank you all for your replies. It appears that the copier technician installed the PCL driver on the Mac. I managed to install the KM software which contained a PS driver. And following your advice I set the LPD option. The Mac is happily printing in color. Much appreciation for your help.

Custom Search