PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Email configuration not found in menu

Custom Search

julien.boileau@gmail.com
05-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Hello,

Our company just bought a BizHub C203 from another company that upgrade to a bigger printer.

I have setup everything to use the printer over the company network.

So, we can scan, fax, copy and print.

I just have 2 issues to solve to finish the configuration.

When using the scan to email function, everything work as expected. The scanned document is sent to the specified email. The problem is that the received email with the scan document is indicating a from email address from the previous owner of the C203. I have looked in all the menu and I’m not able to find were to change the default from address when using scan to email.
When using the fax to email transfer, everything work as expected. The fax document is sent to the specified email in the configuration. The problem is that in the subject of the received email, the name of the company of the previous owner is specified (FWD: [old company name]). I have looked in all the menu and again I’m not able to find were to change this value.

We would very appreciate if you can provide us some instruction to explain were to change those 2 values that are reflecting the previous owner information.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Kidaver
05-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Get the IP addy of the machine and go to the pagescope page. Sender email addy is either the administrator's email set under System Settings or a specific email in the smtp setup page. The email subject is under the address book menu, it will say subject.

julien.boileau@gmail.com
05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I have use the pagescope web interface to configure most of the function of the printer. I already have change in the Maintenance Tab->Machine Setting->Admin Email Address and that doesn't replace the from address. I'm going nut about this. And for the subject, I have also tried to change it in the store address tab and it's not working also. Thank for your replie!

julien.boileau@gmail.com
05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Also, I have changed the email address in the Network tab->e-mail setting->email tx (smtp). And it's not using this email also.

Kidaver
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM
If it's not using the admin's email address like I said you might check the sender address on the smtp set up page. Might also look for email addresses in the POP3 setup. As for the subject you might check check under fax settings then under Headers and Footers....being it's a fax to email thing...

julien.boileau@gmail.com
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I've been trying to fix this since 2 days. I have tried a lot of things. I have change the email under POP3 and i'm still having the old email. I have look in all the menu to find the old email address and i'm not able to find it. Thank you for help!

julien.boileau@gmail.com
05-08-2013, 09:59 PM
I have exported the machine setting in a .dat file. Do you know an application that can I use to read this binary file ? If an application exist to read that file, I can use it to see all the setting and maybe find the old email address that I want to change. Change it and after import it to the printer with the new email address!

scottybbb
05-08-2013, 11:23 PM
At machine try these tabs.Admin. settings-Admin.\Machine settings-Admin. registration.Also make changes under input machine address tab.

SmellsHot
05-09-2013, 04:32 PM
How about starting fresh and do a network settings clear.

speedtek
05-09-2013, 04:40 PM
On the Fax/Scan screen click "Communication Settings" and see what the from address is there. If it's not correct change it there, then go to Utility/Counter -> User Settings -> Scan Settings -> And "Default Scan/Fax Settings" to "Current Setting". If it's already set to it, select it anyway and then hit OK. This will save your current scan settings (including the "from" address).

I've seen it sometimes where the "Current Setting" was selected before the from address was set, and it messed everything up.

julien.boileau@gmail.com
05-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks I lot! This solved my problem! I was looking for that! Again Thanks you!

Custom Search