PDA

View Full Version : C364 Fax Forwarding intermittent problems

Custom Search

barber782
05-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi,

Having a intermittent problem with fax forwarding on a C364.

Fax is setup to forward to a internal email address (which i have tested by scanning a standard doc from machine).
Every now and then they will receive a fax in their inbox, other times the machine just prints off the fax without sending it to email, but only intermittently. Iv already tried turning off fax reporting but still no difference. All they need is it to fax and forward incoming faxes to email with them printing.

Also Fax forward settings is set to 'Fax & Print(if TX fails).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Darren King
05-09-2013, 05:28 PM
"Print if TX fails". There is your answer. It was unable to forward the fax, so it printed it.

speedtek
05-09-2013, 08:52 PM
I would try upgrading the firmware.

wseyller
05-09-2013, 09:45 PM
"Print if TX fails". There is your answer. It was unable to forward the fax, so it printed it.

It sounded to me the way it was worded that it printed a fax that was successfully received not a report about a fax failure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Darren King
05-09-2013, 09:54 PM
It sounded to me the way it was worded that it printed a fax that was successfully received not a report about a fax failure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When it is set to "forward and print if TX fails" it will try to forward the fax to the email, but if something prevents it from forwarding, it will print it. There will be no report printed.
I have had this before and it is always a network issue. I have never have it be a machine issue.
Darren

barber782
05-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Due to go back soon. Will try updating firmware first.

Looking at the job list as incoming faxes come in, the status says receiving and sometimes doesn't get to the stage of sending. No error reports
are printed. Faxes just seem to disappear. Only few through and forwarded. I suppose it could be a network issue but trying to tell the customer that is not so easy. Switched off fax forwarding for now, so at least they are getting all faxes through.

Also whilst on the fax subject... we have had other customers having issues where these machines have problems sending or receiving faxes altogether, and dial tone suggesting the line is busy when it isn't. Had a answer from our tech support guy suggesting that these machines use a high bandwidth and require a high bandwidth line. Dunno whether that is true or just plain BS. Also suggesting customers should upgrade there fax lines. Some weren't impressed about that.

Any thoughts?

Custom Search