PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C280 image repeat on card stock

Custom Search

lanierboy
05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi All,

I have a customer with a C280 Konica, The machine works fine until the try printing on 209gsm card.

I then get an image repeat on the card, so far i have changed the fuser (twice) enabled the cleaning mode (still ng) fitted a new transfer belt and roller still no good.

even if i whack the machine up to thick 4 (300gsm) i still get the problem, it is like a drum memory or charge problem but i have also changed the drums and dev units.

any one had this problem?? solution??

please let me know as i am stumped apart from trying an HVT.

many thanks

JR2ALTA
05-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Sure it's not ink jet paper?

lanierboy
05-10-2013, 01:09 PM
The card stock is used by another 2 offices of the customer with the same machine and they dont get the problem

907tec
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Have you done a stop test? Is it happening on the belt? Before the fuser?

AjitN
05-12-2013, 05:29 AM
I am sure it must be toner problem.
You can check the interval of the repeat image to make sure weather it repeats at drum diameter or fuser belt.
Hope this helps.

blackcat4866
05-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm leaning towards the media type, myself. Just because it works on some other manufacturers machines, does not necessarily mean it will work on yours. Try other media types. KM does not guarantee that every paper ever made will work in your machine.

What is the repeat interval?
Is the paper being fed from the bypass tray?
Is the media type set every time? I'm betting that it's not set every time.
Is it laser paper or inkjet paper? Look at the packaging: Does it say laser anywhere? If No, then it is inkjet paper.
Is it high gloss?

What usually happens in this situation, is that the enduser shows me samples. Then I try to duplicate the problem and cannot, because I use correct media settings. Everything works fine for a few weeks, until enduser forgets. Then it starts all over again.

=^..^=

Custom Search