PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C2557 on BizHub 200

Custom Search

jjohnston12385
05-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Hey guys, I've got a problem machine that I was on for several hours today and drove me insane. It is constantly throwing the above mentioned error code no matter what I have changed. I just replaced the drum/developer/developing unit last week, cleared the counters and ran F8 in the function menu. All was fine til yesterday when the code popped again. For testing purposes, I replaced the 3 components again and when I ran F8, I noticed that the toner bottle wasn't spinning. I removed the toner replenishing drive unit and cleaned the two solenoids with luck. I replaced the pwb board in the rear of the machine and that had no effect either. At this point I'm completely stumped and don't know what else to do. I ordered a sub hopper assembly thinking the sensor could be bad there but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that being the culprit.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JR2ALTA
05-15-2013, 03:14 AM
a) see if there is drive to the drum, it may not be turning

b) order those solenoids you cleaned

c) yes the sub hopper has a reed switch that triggers the toner add solenoid, order that

the toner bottle doesn't necessarily turn when you run an f8 so don't get fixated on that

jjohnston12385
05-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Is there a way I can test for drive to the drum? I can't run any test prints because the code pops instantly. I know the main drive gear assembly was replaced within the past month so I'm pretty sure it's turning. I'm going to get those solenoids on order first thing in the AM along with a spare reed switch for the sub hopper.

fixthecopier
05-15-2013, 11:39 AM
To see what is turning, mark everything with a black marker and see if it moves. I would also look to see if the counters reset when you zeroed them. It should run F-8 without adding toner. If it needs toner, it will add after F-8 is done.

JustManuals
05-15-2013, 07:34 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

juve
05-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey guys, I've got a problem machine that I was on for several hours today and drove me insane. It is constantly throwing the above mentioned error code no matter what I have changed. I just replaced the drum/developer/developing unit last week, cleared the counters and ran F8 in the function menu. All was fine til yesterday when the code popped again. For testing purposes, I replaced the 3 components again and when I ran F8, I noticed that the toner bottle wasn't spinning. I removed the toner replenishing drive unit and cleaned the two solenoids with luck. I replaced the pwb board in the rear of the machine and that had no effect either. At this point I'm completely stumped and don't know what else to do. I ordered a sub hopper assembly thinking the sensor could be bad there but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that being the culprit.

the solenoids 1 and 2 have to be replaced not cleaned.

SmellsHot
05-28-2013, 01:12 PM
ON the main board there is a little black button. Press and hold that down, it generates an internal test chart of lines. This will tell you if things are turning.....

jjohnston12385
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Just to give an update on this situation. Me and another tech have been battling with this machine for over a week now. We have changed the Drum/Developer/Developing Unit twice, changed the entire sub-hopper assembly, the sensor on the sub-hopper, the main board in the back, the M5 fan (on the right door behind the registration section. We were able to get the code to clear once. We ran ~600 copies and it popped the code again and have yet to be able to clear it this time. Even just running F8 fails. I went as far as reflashing the firmware, and that did clear the code for about 10 minutes. But after 2 copies, it popped again.

I tried pressing and holding the black button on the main board, but after about 5 seconds, I get an abort code and the machine reboots itself. Everything is turning as it should be based on marks I put on certain gears/parts. I am on the phone with KM tech support and the gentleman is having me go through lots of settings and values with him.

fixthecopier
05-28-2013, 08:26 PM

At this point I would swap the MFB3 with one from another machine.

jjohnston12385
05-28-2013, 10:10 PM
I take it you are referring to the board that sits under the scanner optics?

fixthecopier
05-28-2013, 10:31 PM
I take it you are referring to the board that sits under the scanner optics?

Yes, That is the main brain.

NRTech
05-29-2013, 01:05 AM
replace the drum and dev (again), fire it up with the side door open, get into service mode>counters, reset the drum and dev count, then exit out of service mode by ok-ing everything. then go back into service mode>counters and check the drum and dev count. if it's anything other than 0 reset it again. without quitting service mode, close the door and run f8. ok out of everything, run a few copies, reboot it with the main switch at the back. you have to replace drum and dev together, and you have to make sure the counters are clear. otherwise you get this code.

jjohnston12385
05-29-2013, 01:16 AM
That is exactly how I've changed all developers and drum on this series. Including the two sets I've put in since this problem surfaced. So I know it's not that. I've got the two solenoids on order along with another sensor for the sub hopper and a whole new hopper unit as per KM tech support. I'll try a different MFPB from a known working machine and give that a go.

kanic
06-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Before you do anything else inspect the solenoid (that others have mentioned) that works the actual clutch that brings toner to the DV unit from the sub hopper. I have found that as the solenoid gets older it will intermittently latch/stick and cause toner to be added and drive the toner ratio out of range. Good luck.

JR2ALTA
06-06-2013, 04:32 AM
I have read time and time again that one inspect or clean solenoids. to me, it's just not true. solenoids are by nature clean as a whistle.

sometimes they have little pads that wear down or stick, but the plunger and magnet are not the issue.

if they don't fire replace them.

kanic
06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
**EDIT** -- The solenoid type we are talking about does not use the old style plunger. It does have 2 hinge points that can wear and a silencing pad. Both can cause trouble. And yes replacement is recommended.

jjohnston12385
06-06-2013, 05:45 PM
FINALLY! Got the error to clear and have run several thousand copies through the machine with success. I ended up changing the two solenoids on the tone bottle drive and the reed switch on the sub-hopper and was still getting the code. I ended up vacuuming out the sub-hopper, making sure it was entirely clean, then I change the toner bottle with a fresh one and change the Drum/Developer/Developing Unit for a third time and that is what did it. I don't know if it was that many bad Developing units or if it was some sort of contamination in the toner that was causing the issue all along. At least it is finally fixed.

Thanks for all the help guys! Very much appreciated.

Hansoon
06-06-2013, 06:26 PM
I have read time and time again that one inspect or clean solenoids. to me, it's just not true. solenoids are by nature clean as a whistle.

sometimes they have little pads that wear down or stick, but the plunger and magnet are not the issue.

I have the same experience. We NEVER have to replace solenoids but always the pads.

The only soiled solenoids I know where in Analog times when dev unit was leaking developer.

Hans

copierguru
06-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Just had the same exact problem earlier this week. Last week got a call for a 2557 which I thought was odd seeing the drum & dv only had 25k on it but I replaced both again code went away. Monday morning was back on again for the same code. Replaced the fb unit this time no luck after replacing the pwb-a. Power supply and mfbs, I eventually replaced the the solinoids on the toner supply. Still had the code. Replaced the fb again code gone. Im thinking the cause of this was the the hopper was not being able to fill up cauibg the adtc to not get the correct value. It took me about 11 hours with that mess to get it figured out

chickhi
06-26-2013, 06:23 PM
I have had exactly this same issue and replaced everything everyone has discussed and more. I am in Hawaii and on a different island than the one with the problem, so it may be a while before I can test my theory, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you to try. The IU has it's own motor. I am thinking this motor is weak and not turning the dev unit properly, therefore causing the code.

Here is the quote from the manual on what the "problem is when this code appears:

"The scanning value of the ATDC Sensor is less
than 7 % while the IU Motor is turning.
The scanning value of the ATDC Sensor is more
than 19 % while the IU Motor is turning."

I am keying in on the phrase, "while the IU Motor is turning".

I'll try this when I can and update. Good luck!

Hansoon
06-26-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't get it. We have a boatload of these machines outside but we never had to change solenoids, boards, motors whatever because of this code.

Once we had a defective ATDC sensor and once a worn wiper for the ATDC sensor. That's it. We ALWAYS change the drum and developer completely as a pair without exception when they reach either the rated 80K for paying customers or for our rentals 120K with corresponding dipswitch settings of course.

Most important however is that ALL counters (PC Life, I/C Life and Developer) are reset to zero. Recheck again and again if they are really at "0". Often the developer counter comes back to "1" instead of "0" and resetting has to be done once again. After every reset you must switch off the machine with the fat main switch at the back and wait for about 20 seconds before turning on again. I reset the counter with the right hand door open so the machine will not start up.

Leave the side door open and go to f8 and Start and only NOW close the side door. This is what I am doing almost every week (Had two today by coincidence) it worked always until now.

Rule: Begin with proper resetting of the counters, replace drum and starter with new ones and ofcourse don't leave any old developer in the chamber cause when this mixes wit the new developer everything will be messed up.

Hans

fixthecopier
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't get it. We have a boatload of these machines outside but we never had to change solenoids, boards, motors whatever because of this code.

Once we had a defective ATDC sensor and once a worn wiper for the ATDC sensor. That's it. We ALWAYS change the drum and developer completely as a pair without exception when they reach either the rated 80K for paying customers or for our rentals 120K with corresponding dipswitch settings of course.

Most important however is that ALL counters (PC Life, I/C Life and Developer) are reset to zero. Recheck again and again if they are really at "0". Often the developer counter comes back to "1" instead of "0" and resetting has to be done once again. After every reset you must switch off the machine with the fat main switch at the back and wait for about 20 seconds before turning on again. I reset the counter with the right hand door open so the machine will not start up.

Leave the side door open and go to f8 and Start and only NOW close the side door. This is what I am doing almost every week (Had two today by coincidence) it worked always until now.

Rule: Begin with proper resetting of the counters, replace drum and starter with new ones and ofcourse don't leave any old developer in the chamber cause when this mixes wit the new developer everything will be messed up.

Hans

Same here. I was thinking that. 300+ of them, 5+ years old, but you never know. Sometimes the most difficult problems have simple answers. Have you heard about my beeping bizhub?

juve
06-26-2013, 08:35 PM

replace solenoinds(sld1 and sld2)not clean.if you clean and remove the foam, the big solenoid will not demagnetize and stay open.so replace solenoids.

Hansoon
06-26-2013, 08:55 PM
replace solenoinds(sld1 and sld2)not clean.if you clean and remove the foam, the big solenoid will not demagnetize and stay open.so replace solenoids.

Well IF one wants to play around with solenoids and those patches cause of the dreaded C-2557 code than it would be IMHO sufficient to replace only the patches with something suitable to prevent the solenoids from sticking due to magnetic force. At least that's what we are doing with solenoids for older models such as the MagiColor printers.

Hans

rahadyan himura
06-28-2013, 01:15 AM

hi there, actually this problem i face already, so u just focus 2 solenoid at drive hopper unit, if u had spare part change it, if you don't have, you can modified 2 solenoid with something that insulate. coz the solenoid is sticky that way c2557 is appear. i hope this can help u. ^^,

Custom Search