PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C451 J-9901

Custom Search

wildx
05-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Bishub C451 jamming from tray 3 with jam code of J-9901. Paper is distributed right through the machine when this happens. After clearing paper jam machine message says it has the incorrect paper size for the print job. Open and close tray 3 and message goes away and printing can resume. All fixes from Service manual have been tried with no improvement. Service tech bulletins have been followed with no improvement. Tray 3 assembly and paper pickup assembly have been replaced with no improvement. Is there anyone out there that has had this and fixed or have any ideas?

Gaffers01
05-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Bishub C451 jamming from tray 3 with jam code of J-9901. Paper is distributed right through the machine when this happens. After clearing paper jam machine message says it has the incorrect paper size for the print job. Open and close tray 3 and message goes away and printing can resume. All fixes from Service manual have been tried with no improvement. Service tech bulletins have been followed with no improvement. Tray 3 assembly and paper pickup assembly have been replaced with no improvement. Is there anyone out there that has had this and fixed or have any ideas?

Have you tried updating the Firmware? As i think tray 3 size can only be set in the service menu.

EarthKmTech
05-17-2013, 11:18 AM
if the machine has had black developer spilled down the rear, OR its high volume, OR it exhibits this jam code from tray 3, replace the 2 clutches at the back of the machine that drive the 2 pull out transport rollers in the unit above tray 4.

ALSO check the diameter of the 2 transport rollers, if the machine is high volume, i recommend replacing them. At the very least, clean and relubricate their bushings when replacing the clutches as they bind up with lots of use. I've had this problem on 2million page+ machines and yes, this fixes it first time, every time. (among many other things required at such a ludicrous meter reading)

ALSO check the actuator that drops into the pull out unit for burs / paper cuts.

JustManuals
05-17-2013, 08:05 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

femaster
07-24-2015, 02:01 PM
I see this had never been updated, was curious what finally fixed the problem? Having the exact problem, have done everything except replace those clutches, which I will be trying today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

femaster
07-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Well, I can confirm that replacement of the right clutch (when looking at front of copier) for the horizontal conveyance unit fixed the J9901 jams in the C451 I was working on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kmNoob
11-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I can concur with Femaster, in that I ended up replacing both of the clutches on the horizontal conveyance unit and my error code cleared and I was able to print from Tray 3, no problems.

Custom Search