PDA

View Full Version : C6500 BizHub Error C-2811

Custom Search

Cookr
05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
OK so I have been haveing some troubles with my fuser and a imaging problem with the black drum all thats fixed and it was running ok yesturday I shut it down went home come in today and BAM Error C-2811 In charging potential control,drum surface potential /Y was out of specification. ??? how do I fix this?

JustManuals
05-17-2013, 08:02 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

drodas78
06-03-2014, 07:11 PM
OK so I have been haveing some troubles with my fuser and a imaging problem with the black drum all thats fixed and it was running ok yesturday I shut it down went home come in today and BAM Error C-2811 In charging potential control,drum surface potential /Y was out of specification. ??? how do I fix this?

Hi. I'm having same problem. Was you able to fix it? Can you tell me how to do it?

Please let me know. It will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Rocini.jr
06-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Hello!

Be carefull with the drum and corona (Y), but, usually, check CAREFULLY all high voltage contacts, specially on the the drawer's back, where you can find contacts for the drums, coronas, dev units, etc.

Its hard to reach them. You can clean it using a dry wipe, gently passing it on the contact's surface.
Check too (I don't think its needed, but I'll say) the consumbles life...
To be shure, I usually change drums and coronas from one color to another.

For finish, once time I saw a machine where the customer was working with paper covered with solvent. The solvent was evaporating inside the machine and damaging everything inside there, drums, coronas, developers, etc.

Well, I hope it will be usefull...

drodas78
06-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Hello!

Be carefull with the drum and corona (Y), but, usually, check CAREFULLY all high voltage contacts, specially on the the drawer's back, where you can find contacts for the drums, coronas, dev units, etc.

Its hard to reach them. You can clean it using a dry wipe, gently passing it on the contact's surface.
Check too (I don't think its needed, but I'll say) the consumbles life...
To be shure, I usually change drums and coronas from one color to another.

For finish, once time I saw a machine where the customer was working with paper covered with solvent. The solvent was evaporating inside the machine and damaging everything inside there, drums, coronas, developers, etc.

Well, I hope it will be useful...

Thank you!

I just swapped the magenta and yellow drums and problem solved. I swapped both drums back and everything is OK now.

Take care.

Desert Rat
06-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Another thing that can cause this and other problems is "process unit droop". Overtime if people lean or
place things on the process unit when it is out and just with age, the rails begin to droop causing the contacts
on the process unit connector to make bad connections.
When closing the process unit be sure to apply upward pressure on the handles when closing.
When I get a code such as that I usually find it has something to do with the copy quality for the indicated
unit from the code. Always check the numbers on the parts for codes that are related to copy quality.

DR

Rocini.jr
06-08-2014, 05:00 PM
You're right Desert!

The rails can be out of position, cause the screws can untight by use (open and close)

So, the Only way I know to fix it is take off the whole drawer and ADU to do the Job.

Usually, this is a good moment to clean the machine and check all contacts.

Custom Search