PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C552 grey printed as pink

Custom Search

Gabriel
05-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Bizhub c552
The grey is printed as pink when printing a job.
all internal print-outs are great, Gradation adjustmen was performed
Magenta IU was replaced a month ago
yellow IU was replaced 2 weeks ago
Cyan IU was replaced yesterday
Black drum, black developer, Image Transfer belt and
transfer roller were replaced 2 weeks ago
Customer is printing from a windows seven computer using PS drivers
Any help is welcome
PS: I have doubts about the laser unit, but not sure how to test it

blackcat4866
05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Well, without an image sample I have only logic. Let's see how far it takes me:

Gray (of whatever shade) is made up of equal parts cyan, magenta, and yellow. If your grays appear as magenta, then you're missing cyan and yellow. Why are you missing cyan and yellow?

You say: all internal print-outs are great, Gradation adjustment was performed. But you say nothing about the resulting copies, or the results of the gradation. What do copies look like? What sort of numerical results do you get from the gradation?

You say: The grey is printed as pink when printing a job. Does it affect all print jobs? All applications (programs)? Have you tried other print driver quality settings, i.e.: high resolution, low resolution, smoothing, dither, etc.?

You say: Customer is printing from a windows seven computer using PS drivers. Ok, that's one computer. How about other computers? Are they also affected? Same OS, or something else? Same application or something else? Have you tried a PCL driver?

You say: I have doubts about the laser unit, but not sure how to test it. You should have doubts, since it's the same laser producing the internal prints and copies (oh, wait, you haven't answered that question yet). It's really unlikely that a laser would produce perfect prints from the print board, but not from a single PC.

Based on the incomplete information you have provided, I'm going to make a WAG that you have got an anomaly with a single document, and if you make some minor change to the driver settings, the anomaly will go away.

Sorry, that's as far as my crystal ball can take me. Provide me some additional information, and perhaps more of your future will become clear to me. The crystal ball can reveal your fortunes ... =^..^=

EarthKmTech
05-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Bizhub c552

Theres your problem.

Use the PCL driver and problem will be solved.

PS emulation on this series is shit, fact.

RRodgers
05-20-2013, 02:12 AM

Gray (of whatever shade) is made up of equal parts cyan, magenta, and yellow. If your grays appear as magenta, then you're missing cyan and yellow. Why are you missing cyan and yellow?

You say: all internal print-outs are great, Gradation adjustment was performed. But you say nothing about the resulting copies, or the results of the gradation. What do copies look like? What sort of numerical results do you get from the gradation?

You say: The grey is printed as pink when printing a job. Does it affect all print jobs? All applications (programs)? Have you tried other print driver quality settings, i.e.: high resolution, low resolution, smoothing, dither, etc.?

You say: Customer is printing from a windows seven computer using PS drivers. Ok, that's one computer. How about other computers? Are they also affected? Same OS, or something else? Same application or something else? Have you tried a PCL driver?

You say: I have doubts about the laser unit, but not sure how to test it. You should have doubts, since it's the same laser producing the internal prints and copies (oh, wait, you haven't answered that question yet). It's really unlikely that a laser would produce perfect prints from the print board, but not from a single PC.

Based on the incomplete information you have provided, I'm going to make a WAG that you have got an anomaly with a single document, and if you make some minor change to the driver settings, the anomaly will go away.

Sorry, that's as far as my crystal ball can take me. Provide me some additional information, and perhaps more of your future will become clear to me. The crystal ball can reveal your fortunes ... =^..^=
Blackcat is the man

AjitN
05-20-2013, 03:37 AM

Output color will differ when printed from windows seven ( compare to windows XP ), this I have observed at three different places.
Still I have a doubt on Toner, we have many types of toner available in market for all the brands & models, everything looks same as original toner cartridges. In all the brands & models Magenta goes high (Xerox, KM or Canon). You need to check it again.

Gabriel
05-20-2013, 04:45 AM
blackcat4866
EarthKmTech
RRodgers
AjitN

This was an emergency service call, friday night at 7:00 pm
Customer was mad, ready to go home.

I just have time to do a basic inspection But as soon as I can
I will back to this customer to do my homework an keep you updated

Thanks guys, you are the best!!!

Regards

Gabriel

RRodgers
05-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Bizhub c552
The grey is printed as pink when printing a job.
all internal print-outs are great, Gradation adjustmen was performed
Magenta IU was replaced a month ago
yellow IU was replaced 2 weeks ago
Cyan IU was replaced yesterday
Black drum, black developer, Image Transfer belt and
transfer roller were replaced 2 weeks ago
Any help is welcome
PS: I have doubts about the laser unit, but not sure how to test it

Gradation was done at least 3 times for each copy and print?

Gabriel
05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Problem fixed

Rrodgers:
Yes I did, I always perform Gradation at least 3 times for each copy and print

This is what I did:
I removed the MFP from the computer (they had 3 additional copies)
Uninstalled all Bizhub C552 drivers
Reinstalled the copier with most recent drivers in KM website

that did the trick

Thank you all guys for your help.

Best Regards

Gabriel

Imsdal
11-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Hello Gabriel

What do you mean remove all 3 copies?

blackcat4866
11-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Hello Gabriel

What do you mean remove all 3 copies?

I'm going to make a guess here that the enduser had multiple iterations of the driver installed, with different defaults. This is common practice in offices in which the endusers have a very low level to competence, and cannot consistently make driver property choices. One driver may be named "Duplex Tray2", another may be named "Labels Bypass" ... like that. =^..^=

Hansoon
11-23-2013, 05:11 AM
I'm going to make a WAG

Glad the problem is solved but one burning question remains which not even Urban Dictionary can solve for me:

What's a WAG??

:rolleyes:

Hans

blackcat4866
11-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Wild-Assed Guess

I'll take credit for the idiom. I seem to be full of WAGs.

Synaux
11-25-2013, 05:21 AM

blackcat, you make me happy.

blackcat4866
11-25-2013, 10:57 PM
blackcat, you make me happy.

I'm glad that I can entertain you. =^..^=

Custom Search