PDA

View Full Version : CQ C550 - after replacing drive unit of transer-belt cleaning unit the image is pale

Custom Search

Laserbeam
05-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Hallo at all, after replacing the drive-unit of the transverbelt-cleaning unit, the image of the copies/printouts looks totally pale. Bevor the replacement the Image was fine. No error-message in the display or during the copy-prozess. I removed the fan Motor assy and the HV-unit. I checked again all connectors that I have removed but I found no mistake. In the Techn. Mode - Halftone Test pattern (value 255) - all four colours looked pale, too. In the attachment you will see the pale copy of the test-chart. Any ideas?

907tec
05-20-2013, 07:09 PM
I would check your installation of the HV assembly. There is no way the transfer belt cleaning assembly is doing that. Looks more like HV-loss.

JustManuals
05-20-2013, 11:56 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Laserbeam
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
@ 907tec,

tank's for your reply!

Yes of course, I tought the same, the transver cleaning assembly cannot cause this trouble, in this drive were only defective gears, which I exchanged. Probably the error is passed through the reassemble, but I have everything disassembled and re-assembled again and found no errors. Perhaps the HV unit is broken? Tomorrow I will test with a new HV-unit. What surprised me, is that no error message is displayed and I can copy as normal.

907tec
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Have you stopped the machine and checked the image on the transfer belt? Does it look like it has full density there?

EarthKmTech
05-21-2013, 11:40 PM
looks like second transfer failure, this wont give error's as the machine wont know its happening because the image and test patterns on the belt will be perfect.

Its not uncommon for the second transfer hv transformer, or its driving electronics to burn out on the newer generations of that machine, particularly the BW only 552/652. I would try a new HV2 board assuming the second transfer roller/its contacts aren't broken etc.

Laserbeam
05-25-2013, 07:40 AM
I have checked the Image on the transver belt. This is perfect, it has the full density!!! Now it could be the HV2 or the 2nd transver roller/contacts/wire etc.
I will have more time next week to find the error and will report further progress.

907tec
05-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Take a close look at the pressure/retraction system for the transfer roller, as well. I have seen a few with hairline fractures in the levers that prevents them from applying proper pressure. Rotate the pressure cam with the Reg. Assy. removed from the machine to be sure.

Laserbeam
05-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Today I finally found the reason for the pale copies. During disassembly the unit HV2, a connector was solved on the 2nd transversal roller contact terminal port. After I plugged this connector again, the copies now have the full density again. Look at the attached Picture.
Thanks again to everyone who took the time to assist me with their answers.
I think, this forum is really a superb help if you as a technician, does not even know what to do.
Please excuse my bad english but I think you understand what I mean.

Many warm greetings from Germany
Joachim

Custom Search