PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM Bizhub 7145 New OPC Drum Required 'Desperate'

Custom Search

Notmemate
05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi All
Has anybody out there got a couple (2) new drums for these machines.
I am trying to improve the copy on a 7145 that I managed to obtain for my local church. I picked 2 of these machines up for not much money but obviously you dont get out fa nowt and they need fixing!!!! + Church funds not being to flush need to beg a bit but we do have some cash so not totally broke! Yet!
I have tried everything in the cleaning and the mix and matching and have now got to very feint lines instead of wide black mess but would like to get them better still. I have fitted a new drum wiper which did improve things considerable.
The other parts I'm after is the drum 'bearings'. Seems it is just felt bonded to the plastic bearing halves. Do you make them yourself or are they available?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Luther
05-21-2013, 01:27 PM
never had to replace the bearings, i would clean or replace the charge corona

Notmemate
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
never had to replace the bearings, i would clean or replace the charge corona

Hi Luther
Thanks for that but already cleaned c/corona. The felt on the drum bearing halves is all manky with bits missing! :(

methogod
05-22-2013, 10:28 AM
The plastic housing where the drum sits? what plastic halves?

can you take photos...

I can get you drums, they are not super expensive. I would only buy 1 until you know that's what you need.

Notmemate
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
The plastic housing where the drum sits? what plastic halves?

can you take photos...

I can get you drums, they are not super expensive. I would only buy 1 until you know that's what you need.

Thanks for your reply. I have seen drums on amazon at £60. Was hopeing that someone had some old stock at a price a bit less than that?
The plastic half bearings are more like thrust bearing and act to take out the sideways motion of the drum. Pics attached...

CraigW
05-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Those are called "blade seal blocks" even the improved ones are JUNK. If you have the felt still intact use an even thin layer and glue it back on.

SmellsHot
05-22-2013, 05:03 PM
The felt things aren't even necessary. They've all rubbed off on the majority of my machines....and those work fine . You said you picked up two of these machines, were both drums shot? Can you upload photos of your faint lines ?

methogod
05-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I can get you Bizhub 360s for under 400 each with low meters, and you will never have any issues...

Notmemate
05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
The felt things aren't even necessary. They've all rubbed off on the majority of my machines....and those work fine . You said you picked up two of these machines, were both drums shot? Can you upload photos of your faint lines ?
Hi Smellshot
This project seemed like a good idea at the time. Both machines were less than 75 the pair and came with staplers. They did copy without error although the copy was rubbish!!!! First machines drum looked like it had been cleaned with sandpaper so this is going to be used as a standby machine. This sample I am sending you is of the second machine output after cleaning and installing new cleaner blade and cleaning corona grid and wires. Pics are non flash, cause flash bounce caused nothing to be visable. Regards2082020821

SmellsHot
05-22-2013, 06:01 PM
That looks more like a developer issue or even possibly the fuser......

Notmemate
05-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I can get you Bizhub 360s for under 400 each with low meters, and you will never have any issues...
Hi Methogod.
Would love to do a deal for more modern reliable machine problem is empty church funds and dwindling congregation means 'skint'. I have given machines to church and give my time freely to try to fix. I have also bought and installed the maintenance kit for them. I am do hope its not going to cost tooooo much more. :(

methogod
05-22-2013, 06:43 PM
which way are those test sheets being printed...

8.5x11 or 8.5x11R

LEF or SEF?

I would print face up...
could be decurling roller, what you think may be lines may just background, from not running adjustments.

2 machines, mean you can swap parts and test....

swap fusers, swap cleaner units, swap DV units. ...

some combo will make it work...

what are the meters of the 2 machines?

Notmemate
06-25-2013, 01:10 PM
which way are those test sheets being printed...

8.5x11 or 8.5x11R

LEF or SEF?

I would print face up...
could be decurling roller, what you think may be lines may just background, from not running adjustments.

2 machines, mean you can swap parts and test....

swap fusers, swap cleaner units, swap DV units. ...

some combo will make it work...

what are the meters of the 2 machines?

Hi Methogod

Back again! Have now managed to get hold of new drum!!!! I have installed in drum unit but would like to know if there is any settings to adjust when I install it in the machine.:confused:

Regards Peter

Flash
06-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Turn machine off old down 3 and 6 keys turn machine back on while holding down 3 and 6. Release after 5 seconds. Select counter clear, then drum counter and press start. Turn off/on

Notmemate
06-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Turn machine off old down 3 and 6 keys turn machine back on while holding down 3 and 6. Release after 5 seconds. Select counter clear, then drum counter and press start. Turn off/on

Thanks Flash
Is that all I have to do? Just reset counter. No other adjustments or tests? :confused:
Regards
Peter

methogod
06-26-2013, 12:10 AM
there are adjustment but unless your looking for anything but office use, i wouldnt do them.

sometimes you can make things worse.

if you want pm me i will send you directions.

Custom Search