PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C450 - How to keep it running good?

Custom Search

vietbooster12
05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone in the forum,

I just bought a USED Bizhub C450 and I would like to make the the copier running good. What areas of the copier should I regularly clean or replace in order for the machine to run smoothly? Also, what should I do to make it produce good color quality?

Thanks alot!

CompyTech
05-28-2013, 09:13 PM

I just bought a USED Bizhub C450 and I would like to make the the copier running good. What areas of the copier should I regularly clean or replace in order for the machine to run smoothly? Also, what should I do to make it produce good color quality?

Thanks alot!

Things you can do to keep them running: Check your consumable life to see where they stand if they are near end get ready to replace.. I've seen many IUs on those machines fail before EOL or not long after. Fusers and transferbelts a lot of times you can run them til they break but that is up to you. You can clean the PH windows, there is a cleaning jig usually inside the front door. Run gradation and stabilizer adjustments. Out side of that there's really not a lot to them.

vietbooster12
05-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Thank you very much!

JustManuals
05-29-2013, 03:20 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
you purchased the wrong machine if you intend to do colour heavy print jobs regularly.

yes, the print quality is great, but this series machines uses very shitty toner and among other design flaws blows it all through out the machine, it also contaminates the charge units in the imaging units and causes them to dump their developer via over compensation.

These issues were resolved in C200,203,253,353,451,550,650 and onwards colour machines.

Having said that, if colour is only printed occasionaly, and the majority of printing is black and white, it should be fine (black imaging unit is ventilated properly with its own suction filter)

Hansoon
05-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Apologies for hijacking this thread but somehow it fits in here:

What is the difference, except the speed, between the BH-C-203, the BH-C-253 and BH-C-353 regarding stable copy quality and durability of the machine?

Any other irritating issues than those occasionally binding of the toner chute?

I can buy a large contingent of leasing returns, mixed C-203, C-253, C-353. Which ones to avoid?

Hans

Shadow
05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Hansoon,

the C203, 253, 353 all had issues with the laser units.
if your buying off lease machines pray that the lasers have all been replaced.

blazebusiness
05-29-2013, 11:35 PM

Thanks alot!Good solid machine...but quite a bit older now. Replace the consumables(toners and filters,Image Units,Transfer belt unit,Fuser assy, transfer roller unit) and barring any major mechanical failures......you should be happy as long as you were lucky enough to get a good low mileage unit that has been maintained well. Considering it's age---hope you didn't pay too much. That being said.....was a really solid machine. What's the meter count on that C450? And I echo the comment made by Shadow on the C203 series with lasers failing. There are new modified lasers and should be replaced as a set. Also, I think that series had a mod for an error code that constantly came up due to a problem with the transfer belt unit ........a modified guide plate or mounting plate or something.

Custom Search