PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 With Df-318 Bad IQ

Custom Search

CaptnRed
05-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Got a Konica 7145 with a DF-318, when running a job from the feeder, there's an intermittent "compression" or "smudging". See Attached sample

Total count is little over 60k.
Glass looks clean, no foreign object found in feeder.
Ran copies off glass, no problem found.

When feeding about 30 originals, every five or so copies show this issue.

Any guidance would be appreciated

CraigW
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Lift the cover and see where the white pointer arm is setting (height adjustment) Should be at center hash mark.

kingarthur
05-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Got a Konica 7145 with a DF-318, when running a job from the feeder, there's an intermittent "compression" or "smudging". See Attached sample

Total count is little over 60k.
Glass looks clean, no foreign object found in feeder.
Ran copies off glass, no problem found.

When feeding about 30 originals, every five or so copies show this issue.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Adjust the height of the RADF

Shadow
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
do you have the same issue if you make your copies from the glass?
make 30 or so copies from the glass and check their quality.
if you still have the same issue, check the drum unit and the registration roller.

CaptnRed
06-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the help guys, so today I followed up, here's what I found:

I booted the copier up to start work, and it coded me an error F-81-4, rebooted and started up fine.

I corrected the height adjustment on the adf and installed new feed kit as well, no changes on CQ.

Also I ran copies on the glass about 20 or so, and now I was able to duplicate the same issue from the adf, only difference is it shifted to trail edge.

Drum was replaced by the customer about 6 months ago, and still looks in good shape.

Fuser looks weak, and machine just recently started to jam with letter, code J30.

I changed all trays to letter-R, and used the adf, problem on seemed to disappear. Im going after the fuser next.

Custom Search