PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub pro 920 print quality fading on edge of paper

Custom Search

Mattdlam
05-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Any ideas on what may be causing fading of printouts on the edges of the paper?, I have changed developer, drum, cleaning blades and charge wires but issue occurs after printing a couple of books.

CompyTech
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Did you run all the Image Process Adjustments? Try changing drum temp. sensor. I've had to change it to resolve grey backgrounds. Service manual says to change it at 3 Mil I believe. There is another sensor too under the drum (TDSB I believe? ) similar to the 750 series. It's the one you're supposed to clean it every PM or clean up etc.

blazebusiness
05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Any ideas on what may be causing fading of printouts on the edges of the paper?, I have changed developer, drum, cleaning blades and charge wires but issue occurs after printing a couple of books.Compytech is on the right track when he steered you toward image adjustments. On that particular model.....there have been problems with light images on longer job runs when running a lot of high coverage prints. Konica has put out tech bulletins(TAUS0653374EN) with adjustment procedures for this issue. --------------CAUSE:A 30% to 50% or greater image coverage per page
SOLUTION: Do the adjustments outlined in the tech bulletin to improve image density when running high percentage of coverage originals.Topics that should be addressed are:
Adjust machine to increase image density.
1. to prevent density reduction during continuous print.
2. to prevent density reduction during high coverage print.
3. to prevent halo effects around outline characters in halftone or solid black image.
4. to prevent density difference between side 1/side 2 and poor transfer on side 2.

In my experience ....The drum temp sensor would only be a possibility if you were having background......not light print at the edges. Focus on the adjustment procedure.

JustManuals
05-30-2013, 02:05 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

methogod
05-30-2013, 07:11 AM
can you post images...

i have 7 of these, if we have not seen it - i prob doesnt happen. I have 2 with over 10 million, and another with almost 19 million.

let me see what you call light fill...

also do you have the Recycling kit installed?

may just need to up the laser just a bit. (as these get older the laser gets weaker).

SmellsHot
05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Also make sure to clean the lasers glass(above drum unit). These can get hazy/dusty over time.....It will greatly change copy quality if it's dirty...

Mattdlam
05-30-2013, 02:17 PM
can you post images...

i have 7 of these, if we have not seen it - i prob doesnt happen. I have 2 with over 10 million, and another with almost 19 million.

let me see what you call light fill...

also do you have the Recycling kit installed?

may just need to up the laser just a bit. (as these get older the laser gets weaker).

Thanks for the responses I have attached the examples, I have cleaned the machine, did adjustments, will try the sensors in a short while and do the adjustments again.

eg101
05-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Looks like laser problem. You sure the glass is clean.

Mattdlam
05-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Looks like laser problem. You sure the glass is clean.

Will double check the laser and revert, sorry for the stupid question,what will you suggest I use to clean the laser that will do a good job?

blazebusiness
05-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Will double check the laser and revert, sorry for the stupid question,what will you suggest I use to clean the laser that will do a good job?
Damp cloth with alcohol. Do not dry wipe as wiping with a dry cloth leaves a small static charge and can attract dust/toner. Also----in light of the example you just posted, you can ignore the previous suggestion I made. There is no way you are exceeding 30 percent coverage , so the density drop on the edges is due to something else.

Mattdlam
05-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Damp cloth with alcohol. Do not dry wipe as wiping with a dry cloth leaves a small static charge and can attract dust/toner. Also----in light of the example you just posted, you can ignore the previous suggestion I made. There is no way you are exceeding 30 percent coverage , so the density drop on the edges is due to something else.

Thanks a lot for your guidance will try the latter and let you know how it goes, much appreciated.

Mattdlam
05-31-2013, 07:22 AM

Thank you so much guys, I cleaned the laser glass with an alcohol solution and its printing perfect even more darker and defined, much appreciated!

Custom Search