PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c280 Toner levels.

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
05-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning everyone!

Looks like a whole new day of rain again! Wonderful I know. Hope you are all doing well. Have been having some difficulties with 2 machines lately. Not a big problem, but none the less, a problem. One of my customers has a c220 and the other a 280. Both machines are showing the toner levels on the display to be full when they are not. C is half, M is half, Y is half, and the black has a couple grains left in there. On the display (bottom left) is showing me that all are full. I have looked in the field service manual and have found nothing that relates to this problem. As i said it is not a huge problem, but without it showing proper levels, the machine doesn't enable the low toner warning. Customer calls and says they dont have any toner left and they need to print something important (funny how its always something important)......you know the rest...rush rush rush....lol. If anyone could shed some light on the issue it would be greatly appreciated. Could it be a display error? I am kinda baffled. Thanks a ton in advance!! Stay dry!

Mitch

SmellsHot
05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
How do they know they need toner? Does the machine stop and ask for it? Those little indicators are never accurate....also I've noticed if you replace a toner and the machines not asking for it, it will not reset the little display indicators.....

CraigW
05-30-2013, 01:50 PM
On these models if you change it before it stops and displays the change toner screen it will throw it off. Likely will be some firmware at some point to resolve. We have a 42 that they changed early and it has run the entire new bottle displaying 0 bars, and shows 4% on statistics page.

emujo
05-30-2013, 02:56 PM
These indicators are estimates of remaining toner only. Based on the estimates, the MFP starts putting a "replace toner bottle soon" message on the control panel. When the hopper depletes the message is turned to "replace toner now" (or something like that). When the customer puts the new toner bottle in prior to the replace message the entire system get screwed up. You can do a couple of thing to fix it..Completely vacuum all the toner from the hopper and leave an empty bottle in place, at some point the replace message will come up and at this point put a new bottle in, next go into service mode and disable the near life and toner near empty message display settings. This will keep the MFP from displaying the misleading messages in the 1st place. BTW, this has been a problem since at least the C650 series. EMujo

blazebusiness
05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
These indicators are estimates of remaining toner only. Based on the estimates, the MFP starts putting a "replace toner bottle soon" message on the control panel. When the hopper depletes the message is turned to "replace toner now" (or something like that). When the customer puts the new toner bottle in prior to the replace message the entire system get screwed up. You can do a couple of thing to fix it..Completely vacuum all the toner from the hopper and leave an empty bottle in place, at some point the replace message will come up and at this point put a new bottle in, next go into service mode and disable the near life and toner near empty message display settings. This will keep the MFP from displaying the misleading messages in the 1st place. BTW, this has been a problem since at least the C650 series. EMujo
Really like your idea of using an empty cartridge to reset the indicator----pretty creative.

Mitch Barron
05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
They know they need toner because the machine blocks up. And if the toner levels are showing full then the customer doesn't know they need to order. I have only had this problem with 2 machines and we have more than 150 bizhub machines out. I realise too that the machine's display of toner levels are not very accurate, but when the toner bottle is right out empty and the display is showing full then then accuracy is not in the equation. Sorry for the confusion in my question. I mean't to write the levels as an example. I am aware too that these bizhubs dont like it when the toner is changed without asking for it. Are the levels measured with weight of the bottle or is it calculated? Thanks alot for your help! It's much appreciated. I will try a firmware update and see if that helps. I suppose i should have tried that already before bothering the forum. Just thought some one might have a quick answer for me. You guys are the best!

blazebusiness
05-30-2013, 03:16 PM
They know they need toner because the machine blocks up. And if the toner levels are showing full then the customer doesn't know they need to order. I have only had this problem with 2 machines and we have more than 150 bizhub machines out. I realise too that the machine's display of toner levels are not very accurate, but when the toner bottle is right out empty and the display is showing full then then accuracy is not in the equation. Sorry for the confusion in my question. I mean't to write the levels as an example. I am aware too that these bizhubs dont like it when the toner is changed without asking for it. Are the levels measured with weight of the bottle or is it calculated? Thanks alot for your help! It's much appreciated. I will try a firmware update and see if that helps. I suppose i should have tried that already before bothering the forum. Just thought some one might have a quick answer for me. You guys are the best!It is estimated/calculated by the machine based on coverage. From the service manual:The toner cartridge is not provided with any mechanism that detects the amount of toner left in it. No means is available to detect the amount of toner left inside the toner cartridge.

The developer unit,on the other hand, does detect the presence or absence of proper toner levels.(TCR)

Mitch Barron
05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Ok. Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply! And thanks for answering my question. Then I am going to go out on a limb here and say the only way to calibrate the display icons to show a near accurate level is to do one by one using the empty bottle method? It's hard to do when the customer changes out the bottles themselves. Would be really nice to be able to re-calibrate them all somehow, but if the toner levels are calculated then it is not possible. Like I said, it is not then end of the world. I can think of a few other problems that are worse than this one!

Alex1
10-13-2015, 02:07 AM

Hi im experiencing the same problem. How do you turn it off in service mode please??

kosto
01-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Hi my name is kosto I'm technician of konica minolta but i have konica c220, but my problem is this, when i try to checki n service mode i didn't find tcr level settings ? My question is this, there is where we turn it off or on in service mode. Thx once again

AjitN
01-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Ok. Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply! And thanks for answering my question. Then I am going to go out on a limb here and say the only way to calibrate the display icons to show a near accurate level is to do one by one using the empty bottle method? It's hard to do when the customer changes out the bottles themselves. Would be really nice to be able to re-calibrate them all somehow, but if the toner levels are calculated then it is not possible. Like I said, it is not then end of the world. I can think of a few other problems that are worse than this one!

I think even if you open & Close the front cover, toner will show full for few copies.
Secondly whenever customer wants to check toner quantity in cartridges, he must switch off the machine and check for quantity otherwise machine will consider that as new bottle, as mentioned by various techs. Many times customer just opens front cover to check Waste Toner Bottle or Toner in Cartridges or Cleaning of Charge Assy. / PH window.
Hope this helps

kosto
05-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Hello friends; hope you are good, i have konica c220 but in service mode doesn't show me tcr level setting, there is anyone can helpe me? Thx my big technian

Phil B.
05-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Hello friends; hope you are good, i have konica c220 but in service mode doesn't show me tcr level setting, there is anyone can helpe me? Thx my big technian

START YOUR OWN THREAD! Completely different problems!

Please go read the rules on posting @ CTN>

Custom Search