PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654 Slow copying

Custom Search

MFPTech
05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi,

The machine is fairly new, 90K total. Customer called for slow copying and when I went on site found out that a Job with 12 originals / 100 sets (total 1200 copies) started at 14:26 and finished at 15:43, that is, 1200/77 minutes = 15 copies/minute

Inspected management list, Machine settings, Konica Tech bulletins - could not find anything wrong. The customer will run the same job again today and before going to see it while it's happening thought to ask if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

SmellsHot
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Resolution? double sided? Stapling? Paper type?

EarthKmTech
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
got to be user error.

make them do the job, in front of you while you watch exactly what they're doing. thats what i do. No room for argument then. not with me anyway.

Also inspect the tray settings, if the tray in use is set to thick, well, its going to run slower. If it is actually thick stock in use then theres nothing you can do about the speed, if its printed as plain it'll not fuse properly and will probably jam too.

emujo
05-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Even "thick" modes wouldn't reduce copy speed by 75%....and it sounds like he was onsite to verify the issue. Is the output copy/copy/copy, or is it copy/copy..........copy.......copy/copy? Emujo

EarthKmTech
05-30-2013, 08:11 PM
if its REALLY thick, it will stop periodically to stabilise the fuser temperature, it may add up to a significant delay cumulatively on a long run. :cool:

(at least in my 240v region)

MFPTech
05-31-2013, 03:32 AM
if its REALLY thick, it will stop periodically to stabilise the fuser temperature, it may add up to a significant delay cumulatively on a long run. :cool:

(at least in my 240v region)

The copy job involves corner stapling, 1-2, auto color, cover sheet and sheet insertion and was programmed since the copier installation. Customer simply recalls the job. Don't know what has changed but the same job, all of a sudden, runs about 4 times slower than normal even if I enter the settings rather than recalling it.

Checked all tray settings about paper sizes/types, upgraded the firmware, no difference!

I ran a different job that involves only part of the settings, such as corner stapling and auto color, and everything is fine!

Unfortunately, since this is a production machine and already spent lots of time, did not try all job settings individually so I could locate the setting that causes the slow copying but I am still shaking my head, why, all of a sudden, the machine copies the same programmed job about 4 times slower?

JR2ALTA
05-31-2013, 04:32 AM
The copy job involves corner stapling, 1-2, auto color, cover sheet and sheet insertion and was programmed since the copier installation. Customer simply recalls the job. Don't know what has changed but the same job, all of a sudden, runs about 4 times slower than normal even if I enter the settings rather than recalling it.

Checked all tray settings about paper sizes/types, upgraded the firmware, no difference!

I ran a different job that involves only part of the settings, such as corner stapling and auto color, and everything is fine!

Unfortunately, since this is a production machine and already spent lots of time, did not try all job settings individually so I could locate the setting that causes the slow copying but I am still shaking my head, why, all of a sudden, the machine copies the same programmed job about 4 times slower?

I would say if you're recalling it the machine needs to consult the hard drive, one difference.

also if they are stapling it's no longer "copies" per minute, but "sets" per minute. The finisher obviously shuffles the paper, pats it straight, staples and ejects while upstream pages wait their turn.

so long as you're watching it and there's no logic lagging (processing....processing) what else can you do?

SmellsHot
05-31-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking post insertion, stapling, and duplexing should drastically reduce output time.......

Custom Search