PDA

View Full Version : C450 BOLD BLACK TEXT is FUZZY

Custom Search

PCSControls
05-31-2013, 07:50 PM
BOLD black is fuzzy when I print something. This seems to be only when printing just black not other colors. This started after I replaced all of the IU's. I did the gradation setup after replacement and the colors all look fine. Any ideas on what else to look at or adjust? Thanks

Albonline
05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Try cleaning the led array with alcohol.

MFPTech
05-31-2013, 08:10 PM
BOLD black is fuzzy when I print something. This seems to be only when printing just black not other colors. This started after I replaced all of the IU's. I did the gradation setup after replacement and the colors all look fine. Any ideas on what else to look at or adjust? Thanks

Does it do the same when copying?

darry1322
05-31-2013, 09:44 PM
I've removed all image units, waste toner box and belt to clean led write heads with a damp cloth from the waste box end of the copier. Sometimes they just need a better cleaning than the wand can give.

Dickie
06-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I've seen this a few times on individual colours.
The print heads are lifted up and down on springs when the lever is opened to allow the I/U to be removed.
Sometimes the springs just do not seem to push the head back to the correct position when the lever is closed back up.
Just remove the I/U and push the head side to side and down a few times, then refit the I/U. I found this cures it every time I've had this problem

PCSControls
06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
I've seen this a few times on individual colours.
The print heads are lifted up and down on springs when the lever is opened to allow the I/U to be removed.
Sometimes the springs just do not seem to push the head back to the correct position when the lever is closed back up.
Just remove the I/U and push the head side to side and down a few times, then refit the I/U. I found this cures it every time I've had this problem Dickie, thanks for the tip, that seems to have fixed up this problem.

Dickie
06-03-2013, 06:03 PM
No problem, glad to help:)

Custom Search