PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7035 - New to the Copier World!

Custom Search

Ryanf77
06-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Hello All... I just purchased a Konica 7035 for use in My Small Home Business! I know, this thing is a BEAST for a Small Home Business, but I got a Screaming Deal on it!!! After getting the Extremely Heavy Machine home and in My Office I tried it out. It is leaving Black lines down the copy in multiple area. Can someone tell me what steps to take to Troubleshoot this and fix it, please? I appreciate any help... I have an Owners Manual for the Machine but it is not much help. I've searched Google and this Forum and am still unable to figure out the problem. I do know the Toner is low and so I have ordered a new bottle which will be here next week... Thanks in Advance!

blazebusiness
06-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Hello All... I just purchased a Konica 7035 for use in My Small Home Business! I know, this thing is a BEAST for a Small Home Business, but I got a Screaming Deal on it!!! After getting the Extremely Heavy Machine home and in My Office I tried it out. It is leaving Black lines down the copy in multiple area. Can someone tell me what steps to take to Troubleshoot this and fix it, please? I appreciate any help... I have an Owners Manual for the Machine but it is not much help. I've searched Google and this Forum and am still unable to figure out the problem. I do know the Toner is low and so I have ordered a new bottle which will be here next week... Thanks in Advance!Open the right door of the copier and take a look at the drum(green cylinder). If you see lines on the surface , time for new drum blade (and probably drum and developer change). If drum surface looks clean....inspect fuser rollers(hot assy above drum). Probably time for fuser rebuild. If you just bought it and it already needs help----call a tech for a service call to evaluate the condition of that machine before you invest in parts.....might not have been such a screaming deal after all.

JR2ALTA
06-01-2013, 08:23 PM
How much did he pay you to take it?

Ryanf77
06-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Open the right door of the copier and take a look at the drum(green cylinder). If you see lines on the surface , time for new drum blade (and probably drum and developer change). If drum surface looks clean....inspect fuser rollers(hot assy above drum). Probably time for fuser rebuild. If you just bought it and it already needs help----call a tech for a service call to evaluate the condition of that machine before you invest in parts.....might not have been such a screaming deal after all.

OK... The Drum (Green Roller) looks OK to me. It has Toner on it but I don't see any damage that I can tell. I looked at the Fuser Rollers, One is Orange and the Other is Black? The Black Roller has like a glue or something on it that balls up when I rub it. The Orange Roller has some damage on/to it.

If I call a Service Guy Out, Approximately what do You think it will cost for a service? Just a guess, I know it will vary by Whom does the work! Thanks Again in Advance...

JustManuals
06-02-2013, 02:47 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

methogod
06-02-2013, 08:54 AM
more then the machine is worth...

how high is the meter? look inside left cover for the meter.

if its above 1 million i would not put much into it.

parts are not expensive, labor is....

can take 2 hours to rebuild a fuser, and if there are issues with the boards your looking at a money pit.

good luck, post pics we will try to help more.

PeterG
06-03-2013, 05:45 AM
You are about to find out that the only one screaming about the deal will be you. S/h copiers in general,& particularly s/h "old" copiers are enormous money pits.
Do yourself a favour & "ditch it".

methogod
06-03-2013, 06:36 AM
how many prints / copies do you make a month? or week? or day?

if its not 1000 prints a week, your costs will be higher will an old machine, you can get a decent desktop full color laser for penny's a page today.

SmellsHot
06-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Not a good investment if you ask me. This models a decade old and can have many things go wrong with it.....Unless your running a case of paper a week, you don't need that large of a machine. Your best bet would prolly have been for a Bizhub 20 or something along those lines.....The cost of a service call alone will be more than what I'm hoping you paid for the machine......

Ryanf77
06-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Not a good investment if you ask me. This models a decade old and can have many things go wrong with it.....Unless your running a case of paper a week, you don't need that large of a machine. Your best bet would prolly have been for a Bizhub 20 or something along those lines.....The cost of a service call alone will be more than what I'm hoping you paid for the machine......

I only paid $100.00 for the machine. It has just over 80,000 copies on it. I only do maybe 3 to 5 hundred copies a week. I just didn't want to spend a whole lotta money on a machine up front is why I picked this up...

CompyTech
06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I only paid $100.00 for the machine. It has just over 80,000 copies on it. I only do maybe 3 to 5 hundred copies a week. I just didn't want to spend a whole lotta money on a machine up front is why I picked this up...

That's about what you would pay for a new toner too. I'm sorry to say but you threw your money away. Our company would charge about that much just to come look at it. It's great if it still runs however it's like any old appliance or electronic device it's obsolete. Sorry :(

Ray G.
06-13-2013, 04:43 PM
My bet would be dirty charge corona / grid.

Custom Search