PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250 CQ Lines/Stripes

Custom Search

Victor285
06-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys,

Have a C250 with only 43,000 on meter that was printing fine, but copies were marred. Cleaned optics, and copies improved. But now I am getting horiizontal lines in main scan direction across the page, (through margins) in both print and copies. Please see attached. Ran CQ troubleshooting process and halftone test prints show all four colors show problem. Cleaned belt and belt cleaner) no improvement. Swapped transfer belt, and fuser from another unit but still getting issue. Any help appreciated.:confused:

Kmdurrin
06-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Oh my god I'm stuck on a C654 thats doing the exact same thing. Anyone know what causes this?

mo0651
06-04-2013, 08:06 PM
How old are the Imaging units? Dirty charge wires? Did you clean laser glass?

Kmdurrin
06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I cant speak for Victor, but my black is about 2% used and my colors are all about 40%. The age of the IUs seems like its not a relevant factor in this issue. The lines are consistent between all four colors. The defect is occurring at the first transfer, while the image on the IU surface seems solid.

Edit - Sorry to hijack your thread Victor, but it looks like we're having the same issue. That bacon cheese burger still looks delicious, even if the image quality sucks.

mo0651
06-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Okay.....Let's try this. What have You replaced?? Not re-chipped but replaced? OEM toners?

PeterG
06-05-2013, 06:53 AM
I would be pulling all of the lasers out & cleaning the glass with a damp cloth.
You can get this effect from toner "trailing" off the transfer belt. The cleaner that comes with the copier is next to useless for cleaning these.

PeterG
06-05-2013, 06:55 AM
I cant speak for Victor, but my black is about 2% used and my colors are all about 40%. The age of the IUs seems like its not a relevant factor in this issue. The lines are consistent between all four colors. The defect is occurring at the first transfer, while the image on the IU surface seems solid.

Edit - Sorry to hijack your thread Victor, but it looks like we're having the same issue. That bacon cheese burger still looks delicious, even if the image quality sucks.

Same for you. Pull the laser & clean it.

Victor285
06-05-2013, 01:05 PM
How old are the Imaging units? Dirty charge wires? Did you clean laser glass?

Color IU's 10%, Black IU 70%, Cleaned contacts and all optics - Glass, Lens, Mirrors, pad, white plate, and transfer Belt and TB Cleaner. Also, swapped out the drums with another unit, so as to rule out drums and swapped out the Transfer Belt with another unit,Still get lines. Also, put in new Transfer roller. As they were in all colors, I suspected Transfer belt and fuser. Transfer Belt about 90%. Still looks new. noticed some grooving in fuser, so I swapped out with another fuser, no luck. Thanks for help!

Victor285
06-05-2013, 01:13 PM

Thanks for co-miserating on mutual frustration. I agree that the image on the IU Surface seems solid. Lines look consistent but not exactly in same place for all colors. Thanks for reply.

Victor285
06-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Okay.....Let's try this. What have You replaced?? Not re-chipped but replaced? OEM toners?

Replaced toner with all new OEM toners, New transfer roller, too. I swapped drums, fuser and Transfer Belt with another unit. No help. As I am getting lines in all colors, I suspected fuser or transfer belt. Which is another reason I was leaning towards the fuser. Although I have also seem cleaning blade issues in Transfer cleaning unit leave lines. Thanks again for your help.

Victor285
06-05-2013, 01:27 PM
I would be pulling all of the lasers out & cleaning the glass with a damp cloth.
You can get this effect from toner "trailing" off the transfer belt. The cleaner that comes with the copier is next to useless for cleaning these.

Thanks for reply, Peter,

I have already tried above. It was one of the first things I did. Cleaned glass, white plate, pad, lens, and even lubed scanning rails. I agree with you on the cleaner though. I have also seem cleaning blade issues in Transfer cleaning unit leave lines.

RRodgers
06-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Have you tried running the Stablization and Gradation adjustments?

Victor285
06-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Have you tried running the Stablization and Gradation adjustments?

Yes, after each swap of drums units and transfer belt when I tested them.
Thanks for reply, RRodgers

PeterG
06-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks for reply, Peter,

I have already tried above. It was one of the first things I did. Cleaned glass, white plate, pad, lens, and even lubed scanning rails. I agree with you on the cleaner though. I have also seem cleaning blade issues in Transfer cleaning unit leave lines.

That's kind of weird. I have seen that exact same effect on a C250, & it was dirty "slit glasses" on all the laser units.

Custom Search