PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 Printing Problem

Custom Search

DigiMan
06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone!
I had a confusing call today from a company in which they have a c220 and they claimed that some times it will print but sometimes it will not.
When i mean it doesnt print,the job doesnt even reach the machine it gets stuck in the print que.
When i went there i connected my laptop directly to the machine and tried to print and indeed it wouldnt print.
I went into service mode to check for any faults/error codes and i didnt find any but when i exited a page was printed with the following:

PCL XL error
Error: IllegalOperatorSequense
Operator: Readchar
Position: 239

After i restart the machine i could print from my laptop but when i reconnected their network cable and tried to print from one of their computers
it got stuck again and no one could print if the machine wasnt restarted again.
Does it have something to do with the drivers from a particular pc?(there are about 20 computers printing there)or is it something obvious that im missing?

Thanks a bunch in advance and happy summer to all of you! :D

mo0651
06-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Disconnect network cable from copier and ping IP addy. Maybe you have a conflict.

HoonBoy
06-07-2013, 01:59 PM
If there's no IP conflict you could try too install firmware again, had this problem as well and reinstalling firmware solved the problem.

blazebusiness
06-07-2013, 02:59 PM
If there's no IP conflict you could try too install firmware again, had this problem as well and reinstalling firmware solved the problem.Probably the print driver.First try reinstalling. Have you deleted and reloaded the pcl driver or tried the PS driver yet? If that doesn't help maybe Corrupt hard drive or reinstall the firmware.

emujo
06-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Firmware might help, but an HDD format probably is not required. It sounds to me like a driver issue. A particular job is being sent, unable to process, and holding up the rest of the queue. I would try to find out exactly what they are printing, could be some web graphic that the driver can't understand (which would explain the PCL error). You might try loading the PS driver, or fine tuning the PCL driver, maybe print as image or change the post script pass through options. Another problem is when the customers have custom apps that print, these can cause issue also. Emujo

DigiMan
06-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your fast responses!
As far as the ip conflict some of you mentioned i think the machine pops error message at screen when that happens(if i remember correctly).
Thing is they have their own tech for their computers(loading drivers/setting up smbs,ftp,scan to e-mail etc) cuz when i asked permission to do it myself they declined lol.
Anyway i told him to uninstall and reinstall drivers(PS) in all of the computers cuz we couldn't trace the source pc causing this mess(if its only one).
If this keeps going after the driver story il pass over new firmware and if that doesnt help i guess il try to pinpoint the programm/app that maybe causing this.

Will keep you posted.Thanks a lot again everyone! :D

DigiMan
06-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Ehem..scrap my last post i just got a call and it seems that the problem was resolved with reinstalling drivers..(pokerface :rolleyes:).

blazebusiness
06-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Ehem..scrap my last post i just got a call and it seems that the problem was resolved with reinstalling drivers..(pokerface :rolleyes:).Thought that the driver would be the fix......glad your up and running.

Custom Search