PDA

View Full Version : Set fax to dial without the 9

Custom Search

wseyller
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I have tried so far with 2 bizhub 423 and one C654. In PBX connection. Outside line setting I unselected NO and entered 9 in. Doesn't make any difference. What is the trick to this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EarthKmTech
06-06-2013, 10:10 PM
I dont think its possible to do what your intending. At least I've never seen it done.

I believe that function is simply to add a pause after the first digit dialled when its the selected digit.

If the customer wants direct dial without outside line selection they need to talk to their phone system provider. It really isn't our problem, that's what I tell them too.

wseyller
06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
This is information on the setting. It says this setting is for the same purpose that I am trying to achieve. The same setting is on the 423, C654 and I'm sure many other models.

ID No.
TAUS0702478EN

Revision No.

Publisher
Company BUS
GroupGr BUS_Service_Workgroup

Contents
Subject How to automatically dial a default number to access an outside line for the PBX system.
Open Date 2007-08-21
Doc. Language English
Doc. Priority

Product Name
bizhub C550
bizhub C451

Option

Description
How to automatically dial a default number to access an outside line for the PBX system.

Solution

To automatically dial a default number to access an outside line for the PBX system:
1. Enter Administrator mode.
2. Select Fax Setting.
3. Touch PBX Connection Setting.
4. Enter the number to dial an outside line (e.g., 9) and press OK.

EarthKmTech
06-06-2013, 10:43 PM
does it actually work though?

If you do get it to work it would be interesting to know how as it's never worked for me either ;)

wseyller
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Not for me. But I assumed with this information it must be possible and wondered if there was something I'm missing. The reason why I posted.

Sounds like I need to forget I ever found this setting and never mention its existence again.

EarthKmTech
06-07-2013, 12:05 AM
I think so,

I remember going thru all of this with the help desk people and them never being able to get it to work either and then telling me, it doesn't do it.

I think the explanation in the bulletin may be incorrect in what it does, or is directly translated from Japanese and is getting us excited but actually means something else.

mo0651
06-07-2013, 01:54 PM
We have been able to get this to work, but I can't remember if you have to touch the 'Initial " mode "current setting" after it. The last ones we set up we just entered 9 and a couple of pauses because they fax internally also.

wseyller
06-08-2013, 01:20 AM
We have in-house a certified trainer for canon and Konica Minolta that has on his list to investigate this. If I hear anything new I will post here for future reference.

907tec
03-09-2018, 01:22 AM
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but in case anybody else stumbles across this:

Having the same problem with a new BH287 install. Thought the PBX setting in Admin/Fax menu was to meant insert a "9" before any number dialed...I was wrong. It apparently just tells the machine to wait for a "9" before trying to detect a dial tone.

From the Knowledge Base (albeit, from a different model):
The PBX setting found under Admin mode g Fax Settings g PBX Setting does NOT automatically place a digit in front of the dialed number (Manual or Speed Dial) when using the fax funtion.
This is a PBX dial tone function. Some PBXs will not generate a valid dial tone, so the machine will not begin dialing.
The digit entered into the PBX setting is the digit the machine will use for automatic dial tone detection. The programmed digit is to show the machine after what number to make the dial tone detection.
For example, if the phone number is 18004566422 you would enter 918004566422. With the PBX setting to "9" it knows not to look for dial tone until after the "9" is dialed.
In short, you need to preface ALL your numbers with the outside line digi, Manual or Speed Dial.

bsm2
03-09-2018, 01:34 AM
It's not the Machine it's the way there phone guy set it up the PBX. Have there phone guy remove the 9 from the fax dial requirement

Custom Search