PDA

View Full Version : Konica C500 display panel removal

Custom Search

henry finley
06-07-2013, 03:07 AM
It there are any replies, Thank you. I have a Konica C500 with a bad display. It works in the winter, but not in the supper. Last summer I would set an ice-cube tray on it to get my settings punched in. This year, it doesn't do very well. Just about totally unresponsive. I have another C500 scrap machine I intent to swap.
I can't seem to find the trick in getting the top gray panel to release. I discovered how the 2 metal catches unhook when the screws are removed. It lifts up and I see gray plastic hooks that come out of their slots. But from there, I can't figure out how to get the top panel to finally release. Thanks.

DigiMan
06-07-2013, 06:21 PM
It works in winter but not in summer?Usually for me its the other way around cuz moisture in the winter sometimes kicks in and screens have same symptoms.
one client even slapped a potato mush around the screen to prevent that from happening lol,others pointed their air-conditioning on it and so on..
As far as the screen dismantling cant really remember the procedure but since your a tech i dont think it should be that much of a deal..

henry finley
06-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not a tech. I don't know why is says that, and I can't find the way to get rid of it. Help! How do I get the gray top panel off? Thanks.

blazebusiness
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm not a tech. I don't know why is says that, and I can't find the way to get rid of it. Help! How do I get the gray top panel off? Thanks. Wouldn't even try it if I were you. And don't bother buying the service manual as it shows nothing on how to disassemble that part. I wanted to help you so I went thru the factory service manual to see if I could send you pics on the disassembly procedure and found nothing(which is not unusual with Konica Minolta manuals--they often don't show us in the books how to get certain assemblies apart). An experienced tech could get it apart with some very careful effort but you may cause more damage than good if you go for it. That being said...if you are bound and determined to try it anyway......don't try it on your working machine ---practice on your parts/scrap machine first. I'm attatching a parts catalog pic of the operation panel for you, but don't think it will help much 21058

henry finley
06-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks. Problem solved. It was the side screws I wasn't seeing. Got the display panel off, swapped with my parts machine, and it works like a charm. Now if only I could figure out how to get that "trusted tech" off my profile. I'm no boob, but certainly not a technician. Thanks everybody.

Custom Search