PDA

View Full Version : C224 Print with out authenticating.

Custom Search

Nelo
06-07-2013, 05:27 AM
trying to print without authentication when I have authentication switched on the mfp, the setting for Print without authenticating in the adim setting is on "color/black" option. I have two accounts 1) public with authentication and 2) labeled Admin. When trying to print directly the machine data light blinks 3 to 4 times goes out and nothing printed. I have entered the user name and password in the printer preferences "settings" tab so every time a print is made it prompts me to enter the user name and password then print is printed. It is now becoming annoying to every time enter password and username. Can someone assist me to have printing made directly without authenticating.

SmellsHot
06-07-2013, 12:48 PM
In printer properties, go to configure tab, acquire settings, uncheck the "auto" box, then go under the device option and turn off authentication

Nelo
07-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks it worked.:)

dickierock
07-03-2013, 04:52 PM
These can be a little bit finicky to set up Job accounting & authentication the first couple of times. Even though it may be printing fine you can be thrown by incorrect drivers and settings, all of which the only way you know its wrong is if the light on the machine blinks a few times and then does nothing.
It would be better if you got some sort of error message.

wseyller
07-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Even though a job doesn't print after the blinking lights you should at least see the job in the job history. Even without proper authentification it still gets to the copier but the job history will show as deleted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheOwl
07-04-2013, 11:12 AM
A trap for young players on these machines:

You cannot have a users called Admin as the machine administrator username is "Admin".

You will also get jobs deleted by the machine if you try printing from a server of workstation that also has the username of Admin.

Custom Search