PDA

View Full Version : Buying recommendation required: new C224(e) or used C253?

Custom Search

Mindstorm
06-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi all,
i'm currently looking to buy a new C224 or C224e. I've no experience with this series. So it's the latest and hopefully the greatest model. Printing volume is approx. 2000 colour pages a months with a little bit scanning and low faxing volume. It'll replace a color printer.
For the same price i could buy a used and checked C253 with warranty. This machine is known as solid worker - at least what I have heard. So, based on your experience in the field, which of both would YOU recommend?
Thanks for your feedback!

blazebusiness
06-10-2013, 03:56 AM
Hi all,
i'm currently looking to buy a new C224 or C224e. I've no experience with this series. So it's the latest and hopefully the greatest model. Printing volume is approx. 2000 colour pages a months with a little bit scanning and low faxing volume. It'll replace a color printer.
For the same price i could buy a used and checked C253 with warranty. This machine is known as solid worker - at least what I have heard. So, based on your experience in the field, which of both would YOU recommend?
Thanks for your feedback! Same Price? No brainer.....get the new one. The C203/C253's were solid but had some issues with the laser units. Or get a competitive bid on a used machine from another company. No way the used C253 should cost the same as a new C224.

Avskrap
06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Like blazebusiness said; It's a no-brainer. Go with the new one. The C253s are old and although it's right what you said about them being solid workers, they've had some problems. The C224s are solid machines from what I've seen, we've sold a bunch with a 3 to 100 service calls to machine ratio.

Taminol
06-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Wow, I can't believe people are selling secondhand C253's for the same money as a brand new C224!
And secondly, I find it even more difficult to believe that people are actually buying them!

I'm with the the guys above, go with the C224.
We have loads out in the field and, touch wood, all is good with them

Good luck

Kidaver
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I've been very impressed with the C224 series.....all our calls on these are just simple user questions...have had no issues and the color quality is good.....

Mindstorm
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback! Decision is taken to get a brand new C224(e).

Phrag
06-13-2013, 04:18 AM
I've seen a 454e transfer belt destroy itself so far. And I mean destroy. Sucked up into the fuser, and 2 scored drums. =S Not a good start, but perhaps just an anomaly straight out of the factory.

Custom Search