PDA

View Full Version : Scan errors with BizHub 600

Custom Search

ScottK
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I found this forum while searching Google for help with my problem and coming across this thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/5248-konica-minolta-c450-forward-tx-error.html

This person had a similar problem but it doesn't look like a resolution was ever posted.

Basically we have a small network of 15 computers all running XP Pro and one server using Active Directory on Windows Server 2003. Ideally I would like to have one folder called "Scans" on the server where all scans will go. The copier has a static IP of 192.168.0.205 and the server has an IP of 192.168.0.2. I was getting a variety of errors including server could not connect, login error, but once I got everything correct I am now getting the "Forward TX error." I simply can not figure out what is wrong in the settings.

I have also tried to just set up a folder on the hard drive of one of the user computers and have the scans go to it, but I get the same error.

I would greatly appreciate some help, I'm sure I left out some details so just let me know what I'm missing, thanks!

Scott_Lewis
02-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Can you browse the network? ie; scan, direct input, scan to smb, reference, (see network at this point?)

Note to self./..... really need to start that cheat sheet to remind self of different causes/solutions for different error msgs......:)

ScottK
02-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Can you browse the network? ie; scan, direct input, scan to smb, reference, (see network at this point?)

Note to self./..... really need to start that cheat sheet to remind self of different causes/solutions for different error msgs......:)
Well, I can log in to the machine from a web browser on the networked computers, if that is what you are asking. :)

Scott_Lewis
02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, I can log in to the machine from a web browser on the networked computers, if that is what you are asking. :)

No.

What I gave you was the sequence of 'buttons' to push.

Go to the scan screen, push the 'direct input' button, etc.

superfly
02-17-2008, 02:09 AM
ugh, win 2003- i tried to set up same thing on a kyocera and i ould not get it going either. from what i was told by our network guy is that 2003 has a lot of security stuff that likes to block the scanning. try creating an exception for that port, also make sure the scans folder is shared. also is there an option to use the computer name instead of ip address? thats all i can tell ya. good luck!!! :):):)

maxtrax
02-17-2008, 09:13 AM
setup an FTP server on the win2003 server and scan to the ftp server.

keep it simple

ScottK
02-18-2008, 02:37 PM

No.

What I gave you was the sequence of 'buttons' to push.

Go to the scan screen, push the 'direct input' button, etc.
Ok, I tried this, and no I guess I can not see the network because it failed to get the information.

akavi
02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I found this forum while searching Google for help with my problem and coming across this thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/5248-konica-minolta-c450-forward-tx-error.html

This person had a similar problem but it doesn't look like a resolution was ever posted.

Basically we have a small network of 15 computers all running XP Pro and one server using Active Directory on Windows Server 2003. Ideally I would like to have one folder called "Scans" on the server where all scans will go. The copier has a static IP of 192.168.0.205 and the server has an IP of 192.168.0.2. I was getting a variety of errors including server could not connect, login error, but once I got everything correct I am now getting the "Forward TX error." I simply can not figure out what is wrong in the settings.

I have also tried to just set up a folder on the hard drive of one of the user computers and have the scans go to it, but I get the same error.

I would greatly appreciate some help, I'm sure I left out some details so just let me know what I'm missing, thanks!

maybey you forgot to share the folder and give them permissions

pepper38_cnd
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
To scan to a 2003 server enter the server address in the WINS setting. Even if you are not running WINS on the server.

ScottK
02-18-2008, 08:03 PM
To scan to a 2003 server enter the server address in the WINS setting. Even if you are not running WINS on the server.
I did this and I got the same error.

Let me try to give some more details.

Our server has a drive F: that is the drive everyone on the 15 computers accesses and uses to store their data. This ideally is where I would like the "Scans" folder. I also however created a "Scans" folder on the server's C: drive, because I read somewhere that when you specify the "File Path" in the SMB settings section of the copier, you would simply create a folder at the root of the drive and for "File Path" you would just type "Scan" (as opposed to C:\Scans).

pepper38_cnd
02-18-2008, 10:39 PM
You cannot have 2 share names that are exactly the same on 1 PC, you should have gotten a prompt when you created second share. Have you tried scanning to a folder on your notebook or another PC just to confirm the issue is with the server? If the issue is with the server only and your sure everthing is set propper then I would try adding the copier to the active directory.

superfly
02-19-2008, 01:57 AM
I think i agree with maxtrax, install ftp services on your server and setup scanning via ftp. i have lots of problems with smb scanning

ScottK
04-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, I'm bringing up this old thread because I still have the problem.

Recently we have gotten it to work sort of. We can get it to scan to a PC that is on the domain. However, if we try to scan it to our file server (Windows Server 2003), we still get the same problems.

Is there anything else I can do? I see the recommendations for the FTP, but I'm unfamiliar with how that would work. Thanks for any help guys.

Custom Search