PDA

View Full Version : Ineo 751 Network Menu (5) on panel is not showing

Custom Search

Pinoy_Tech
06-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Good day to all! Anyone experienced about sudden disappearing of network menu (item 5) on admin mode?
What happened was, the machine is working fine but upon transferring to another room the network function cannot access anymore and the entire operation of the network has been disabled though the indicator on the LAN port are both glowing. However, all copying functions are still working alright. No any sign of trouble code also or whatsoever.

We tried to disconnect and refits several times all wirings on the network pcb including the memory card and other related sockets but no luck with those attemps.

Could it be firmware? Network board or something? Anyone encountered about same case my fellow techs out there?

Thanks,
576P_Tech

emujo
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
The #5 tab will not be available until the network card initializes and receives a DHCP address, or is set to a static. Could be a network issue, have you tried to leave the network cable unplugged and cycle power? Could take a few mins to cycle up. You can rule out jack problems (most anyway) by hooking your own laptop or workstation up and seeing if you can get network access. Do you know the IP address the MFP is at, can you ping it, and can you get into Page Scope? Emujo

Pinoy_Tech
06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
The #5 tab will not be available until the network card initializes and receives a DHCP address, or is set to a static.

- it might be a different scenario from the other machines because we have lot of these models in field and it shows #5 even we take out the network cable from its LAN socket.

Could be a network issue, have you tried to leave the network cable unplugged and cycle power?

- Yes, we did several possible combinations... it's about a month now and I'm the 2nd tech who's analyzing the trouble so far.

Could take a few mins to cycle up.

- took weeks now for us to wait for the miracle but not happened yet...

You can rule out jack problems (most anyway) by hooking your own laptop or workstation up and seeing if you can get network access. Do you know the IP address the MFP is at, can you ping it, and can you get into Page Scope?

- this is also my thinking during my first visit to the machine but lot of questions I was thinking of, like what could be the previous preset network settings & its IP add? However, I requested a new board and I will let you know what will be the next result. As of now, I have no plan of going back to the customer until I have an isolation board with me...

Thanks for the ideas....

emujo
06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Forgot to mention...if you can get #5 to ever appear, try turning OFF network settings, then turning them back on, have the MFP acquire a DHCP address, then back to the static you previously assigned. This seems to do a NIC reset of some sort and I've solved many "weird" issues with this. Emujo

Pinoy_Tech
06-12-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm not lucky to see the #5 in normal way, this is the exact problem. But by all means, the #5 can only be displayed if I'm going to "unset" the network setting on program isolation command, I think that is under System 1.. but can't able to access anything on that 5, rather the machine will just tell you to reboot the system and the same scenario is happening again.

The combinations of "DipSW Setting" under "system 2" has been compared also to the nearby machine and it's all in the same settings as the other working unit.

Hmmm, what else....

ineo+6501
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I had this exact issue with an ineo 751 last year.

It was the BOOT CF card on the machine. It seemed like the card wasn't telling the NIC to boot correctly.
Try the BOOT CF from the working machine and see what happens.

emujo
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM
As a last resort, I would try going into system 1 and performing a initialize. If no success it may be the NVRAM. This line has no tool for doing a NVRAM reset though. Emujo

mo0651
06-13-2013, 10:23 PM
I vote The CF card has bad files. (corrupt). Agree with previous post.

habik
06-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Are you running Paper Cut by any chance on the machine or was there Paper Cut app installed on your machine. I had a issue when machine was recalled to service and we could not get the network settings to show up..

Can you access pagescope via direct cable to laptop if you know the range.

Try uninstall the SSL certificate.

hmm. .. nothing else is coming to my mind with similar issue.

is HDD on? Installed ?

Pinoy_Tech
06-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks to all of you who gave me ideas...

I went today to check again the machine & I tried to test the machine if it is okay with the new CF card.

Yess!!! There is good news and there si also bad news! The good news is, the trouble of the machine is confirmed from CF card. Upon putting the new Cf card, the network card is working normal and that's it!
I tried to recreate the trouble by returning the original card and it really exist!!!

Now, the bad news is... with the original CF card, the machine is running okay except for the network printing & scanning. After confirming that the card is the main caused of problem I tried to copy & paste all files from the good working card and it seems to be working okay except for one thing that I did not satisfied to just "copy and paste" process. What happened, due to my curiousity, I formated the Cf card to the same "FAT" format then finally copy and paste all files from other working CF card. After then, the machine did not boot anymore! This is the nightmare that I went through! What a big regret on what I have done!!! :mad: So, no choice but to put a new Cf card and the machine is back to working condition again..

My query to you who have gone through this CF card problem, is there any possibility to bring back this original CF card into same bootable one? I tried to format on different pc's with different OS also but no luck at all! Many times, I used to format the CF card in same "FAT" before copying the neccessary files on it and it will be ok as bootable like upgrading firmware, but in this 751 case it doesn't work as expected.

tech51
06-15-2013, 06:59 PM
All KM cf cards are formatted using VXworks, any other format will render them unusable. I don't know how to re format them using VXworks. If anyone knows, perhaps they could let us know.

Pinoy_Tech
06-16-2013, 05:53 AM
Ohh! What a similar case I have with EarthKMTech !!! >>> http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/71505-bizhub-751-corrupted-cf-card.html#post327210

emujo
06-17-2013, 02:04 PM
All KM cf cards are formatted using VXworks, any other format will render them unusable. I don't know how to re format them using VXworks. If anyone knows, perhaps they could let us know.
This is inaccurate, the older color series (C650 and earlier) use the VXWORKS format. The B&W MFPs (601 and earlier) use a FAT format. The issues arise when you try to use a FAT formatted card in a color MFP. Emujo

tech51
06-17-2013, 10:43 PM
This is inaccurate, the older color series (C650 and earlier) use the VXWORKS format. The B&W MFPs (601 and earlier) use a FAT format. The issues arise when you try to use a FAT formatted card in a color MFP. Emujo
Well,I'm not going to argue but why do they tell you not to format the cards using windows for the 601 range?

emujo
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Well,I'm not going to argue but why do they tell you not to format the cards using windows for the 601 range?

You sir are correct, I was lumping the 751-501 series in with the older B&W MFPs. They are indeed formatted with VXWorks. And you are correct, if formatted with Windows will be unusable. Emujo

Pinoy_Tech
07-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi to all!

I received my ordered CF card today ($400) and tried to set it to the machine where I been cannibalized (our showroom machine), but upon inserting it, the machine is telling me about licensing issue. When I take a look at our service manual, it requires some procedures to be done in order to remove the license notice, but this is a bit disturbing as I think.

Then, it came to my mind to revive the old Cf Card which I have mistakably formatted before on ordinary windows. This time I must be very careful to all my steps because I don't want to damage another Cf card.

To be able to revive the old Cf card, I need to copy the entire image of the newly ordered cf card to replicate it to the old cf card and I knew it must be done through the help of softwares. Luckily it is very successful!!!

Then after I rewritten the image to the old card, I selected all files and deleted it so that there will be no files will remain on the revived card. This time no formatting command anymore :o .

Fortunately, I have made a previous backup copy from my other working Cf card which I have already installed on the other running machine before, but this time the machine is far away from me so it is my luck that I have the copy of the entire files on my personal usb. Then I simply copy/paste those files towards my revived cf card. Guess what, all things work fine!!! The good thing is, the machine is not showing about the licensing isssue anymore. At last, got something additional knowledge from my mistakes.

Here is the software I used. Note that the "DiskTool 0.1" which is just placed somewhere in this forum is also working fine but it takes time to finish the entire 256MB card while the link below takes about a minute or two.. Credit to all....

Best regards,

576Pinoy_Tech

Tools for OSForensics - ImageUSB - Write an image to multiple USB Flash Drives (http://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html)

http://i41.tinypic.com/v58gp4.jpg

princef18
07-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure about this model. In the service mode under State confirmation you should be able to find an option to format the CF card. I had a similar problem where the I formatted a hard disk and it would not work on the machine. Once I formatted it in the service mode, it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Pinoy_Tech
07-11-2013, 12:46 AM
^ CF card is use as a booting SYSTEM of the machine itself. Can't run the machine alone without CF Card first because the initial kick will start from there. So, we must fix first the card before we can access to the "state confirmation menu". However, there is other way to do that by simply inserting the other running CF card, then remove the card when the machine is already initialized (NOT REALLy RECOMMENDED because there will be a big possibility of distructing the CF card files while the machine is at ON condition). For curiousity reason, I did it once but in some point it will hung-up because there is a tandem work between NVRAM & good running CF files. On the other hand, on state conf menu, I did not see any CF card formatting command. Only memory/HDD formatting is there. Tnx...

Custom Search