PDA

View Full Version : CQ Konica Bizhub C-353

Custom Search

acsolutions
06-11-2013, 02:43 AM
Hello tech's, The c-353 I'm working on is back grounding on the first page and first 4 inches of the leading edge only ( sample attached), after that it runs fine for that job. What it looks like to me is loosing developer bias. I pulled out the transfer unit and all the I/U"s and cleaned cavity well and pulled the cleaning unit from the transfer assembly and vacuumed the cleaning section for stray developer. I also replaced the black I/U, same problem. When the CQ problem happens the image under the background looks ok. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

acsolutions
06-11-2013, 05:41 AM
and it is also pulling developer! grainy affected area!

B0265
06-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Try changing the printer control board.

acsolutions
06-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Try changing the printer control board.
Why the print contol board?

blazebusiness
06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Why the print contol board? Reset the machine by cycling main power & do a gradiation adjust. Then Start with cleaning the laser.......if it's still the same after cleaning it.......replace the mfp board(sdram issue on mfp board-- on Mossel & Thames series). Apparently a problem with ICP5 can also cause issues like this.21082

acsolutions
06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Reset the machine by cycling main power & do a gradiation adjust. Then Start with cleaning the laser.......if it's still the same after cleaning it.......replace the mfp board(sdram issue on mfp board-- on Mossel & Thames series). Apparently a problem with ICP5 can also cause issues like this.21082
Yes, I cleaned the laser slit glasses and performed gradiation adjustments. I will take a look at the main board(MFP) Thanks

acsolutions
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Reset the machine by cycling main power & do a gradiation adjust. Then Start with cleaning the laser.......if it's still the same after cleaning it.......replace the mfp board(sdram issue on mfp board-- on Mossel & Thames series). Apparently a problem with ICP5 can also cause issues like this.21082

Looks like that ICP 5 on the print controller is bad just like the diagram you sent read!

B0265
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Why the print contol board?
We had this on a C253.

acsolutions
06-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Blaze, wins a home entertainment center!!! Yeah, the icp5 was open and I replace the print controller. all is well!! Thanks guys

acsolutions
06-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Looks like that ICP 5 on the print controller is bad just like the diagram you sent read!

Thanks for that ICP list, very helpful!

Hansoon
06-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Great solution, thanks for sharing.

Only question remains: Why did the ICP blow?

Hans

blazebusiness
06-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks for that ICP list, very helpful!
Glad I could help......looking forward to that home entertainment center LOL.......

mailderrick
11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey i found this thread thankfully. i went up there and long story short i ended up having to change out icp5 on the print control board. Amazing! i don't know how you guys figured it out but it worked. It would always do a developer background at power up on the first page first few inches only. It would work great the rest of the day(unless you powered off the machine) until the next power up. It was driving me and them crazy but it is all better and life is good!!!
Thank you again!
Derrick

Custom Search