PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C353 Print Head

Custom Search

Oscar57
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Black print head is the same as the other color print heads on a C353?

NRTech
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
yep. it's recommended that you change them as a set, but you don't have to, and they are interchangeable.

907tec
06-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Just a warning: it is not ALWAYS possible to change individual print heads on this series. Sometimes it works, other times you have to replace them as a set.

Hansoon
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Sometimes it works, other times you have to replace them as a set.

If it "not works" what would be the negative effect?

Hans

907tec
06-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I can't remember the error code at the moment, but I just had an issue doing a print head swap on a C253 back in April. I attempted to swap the black printhead from a machine in my warehouse with one of my customer's. After replacing the Black printhead (only), the machine was generating a code related to the K laser Start-of-Scan abnormality. Init+Stab, grad. adjusts, skew adjusts would not get rid of it. If I remember correctly, the skew adjustments would drift. If I adjusted 10 'clicks' in the negative direction, the value would change by -20. If I adjusted 20 'clicks' in the positive direction, the value would change by +8. When I installed the other three printheads and ran the proper adjustments, the K-SOS codes disappeared and skew adjustments worked normally. I haven't had to do many C253/C353 laser swaps, but I would say at least 1/4 of them don't work when replacing an individual color.

Hansoon
06-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks.

Hans

tech51
06-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I can't remember the error code at the moment, but I just had an issue doing a print head swap on a C253 back in April. I attempted to swap the black printhead from a machine in my warehouse with one of my customer's. After replacing the Black printhead (only), the machine was generating a code related to the K laser Start-of-Scan abnormality. Init+Stab, grad. adjusts, skew adjusts would not get rid of it. If I remember correctly, the skew adjustments would drift. If I adjusted 10 'clicks' in the negative direction, the value would change by -20. If I adjusted 20 'clicks' in the positive direction, the value would change by +8. When I installed the other three printheads and ran the proper adjustments, the K-SOS codes disappeared and skew adjustments worked normally. I haven't had to do many C253/C353 laser swaps, but I would say at least 1/4 of them don't work when replacing an individual color.
The printheads are rated A to D if my memory serves me correctly. I remember a KM bulletin some years back saying you could replace them individually provided you were only one rating out. IE an A with a B or a B with an A or a C etc etc. Maybe you had a print head that was rated too far from the others.
Having said that when they were failing a lot and stocks were low, we just chucked in whatever we had (including putting C253 PHs into C353s). We had very few failures, certainly a lot less than 25%!! Mind you I dont live in Alaska:))

tbkarthic
06-15-2013, 03:19 PM
why you change that individual print head. i mean reason.

Hansoon
06-15-2013, 03:54 PM
The printheads are rated A to D if my memory serves me correctly. I remember a KM bulletin some years back saying you could replace them individually provided you were only one rating out. IE an A with a B or a B with an A or a C etc etc. Maybe you had a print head that was rated too far from the others.
Having said that when they were failing a lot and stocks were low, we just chucked in whatever we had (including putting C253 PHs into C353s). We had very few failures, certainly a lot less than 25%!! Mind you I dont live in Alaska:))

Good info, though having seen that bulletin I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Hans

tech51
06-15-2013, 06:45 PM
why you change that individual print head. i mean reason.
Basically speaking, they fail & give error codes. KM only supply them in sets of four but for cost reasons most people will only replace the failed one. They used to fail a lot but were modified a while back & are a lot better now.

Hansoon
06-15-2013, 08:18 PM
They used to fail a lot but were modified a while back & are a lot better now.

Is there a marking on the units so one can distinguish the old from modified version?

(Sorry, keeping you busy....;))

Hans

tech51
06-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Is there a marking on the units so one can distinguish the old from modified version?

(Sorry, keeping you busy....;))

Hans
Well, they were modified about 3 years ago so you won't get old ones now. Just replace them with new ones as and when needed. I seem to remember the modified ones had a green sticker on but I'm not 100% sure on that.

yogeshmach
07-24-2013, 11:25 AM
One of the most useful equipments used to print labels and stickers include the label printing machines. These machines are mainly used to print different types of stickers and labels for various industrial purposes. There are a wide variety available in the online and offline markets.

sticker labeling machine (http://www.yogeshmach.com/sticker-labeling-machine.html)

Thanks.

Hansoon
07-24-2013, 02:05 PM
That's exactly what we need here. From now on our job will be much easier........

Hans

Konicoz
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
yep that's what I need a labelling machine.

Custom Search