PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 501 Won't Detect Legal Size Paper

Custom Search

integritybob
06-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I have a Bizhub 501 with the 4-drawer configuration that will not detect legal size (8.5x14 inch) paper in any of the drawers or the bypass. It detects and feeds other sizes (letter-both directions and 11x17) just fine. The bypass will feed it if the size is manually entered as a custom size, but it will not auto-detect it.

When legal size paper is inserted into any of the drawers, the display shows question marks and it says to add paper.

Region code is set for US and units are set to inch/fraction.

This has me baffled. Any ideas?

JustManuals
06-12-2013, 10:10 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

integritybob
06-13-2013, 03:44 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

I have the manual. Bought it from you, actually. Not helpful.

emujo
06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
I have the manual. Bought it from you, actually. Not helpful.

OUCH!!!

emujo
06-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Go to service mode, set the marketing area to EU, cycle power. Go back into service mode, set the marketing area back to US then cycle power again. Should take care of it. Emujo

integritybob
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Go to service mode, set the marketing area to EU, cycle power. Go back into service mode, set the marketing area back to US then cycle power again. Should take care of it. Emujo

Thanks for the response. I won't be going back to the account for a few days (they're okay with the custom size bypass workaround, at least for the short term), but when I do I will give that a try.

--Bob

integritybob
06-19-2013, 06:58 AM
I got back to the account today, and this fix worked perfectly. Thanks again, Emujo!

--Bob

Custom Search