PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 1050 question

Custom Search

unlimitedbt
06-14-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi guys. I have recently installed a KM Bizhub 1050 at one of my customers, it replaced a Ricoh MP9000. Machine is used 1.4 mil but seems OK, we changed upper and lower fuser rollers on it, it will need a few more miscellaneous parts replaced but there is few questions I'd like to ask...
It is running a 22 page doc on regular 20lb paper, corner stapled, 1000 sets.
Problem #1 - it jams, issue seems to be that machine can't spit the ready set all the way out - is it a common problem? Anything specific I should be looking at? paper is fresh, just out of the rim/box.
Problem #2 - (It made me smile looking at it) when it runs, it outputs only 30 sets and asks to remove paper from output tray, I smiled because this thing is half of the car lengths-wise and stopped and asked to remove 3 inch of paper that it had printed. I was like - "Thats it, is that the best you can do?" Pretty much corvette with 100hp engine like :) Is there a way to over-ride that?
Problem #3 - It would not continue on its own, meaning that after removing a paper jam or adding paper or removing printed media, i have to wait for "Start" button light to go green, press the start only than I can walk away, for many years in business, I can say that I had seen them all, at least most of them but never had to babysit the machine to tell it "Yes I want you to continue" Is there a way to disable this please?
Guys It may seem a rookie question, yes, this is my first KM...
Thank you for your input.
Roman.

JustManuals
06-14-2013, 07:42 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

unlimitedbt
06-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Sure thanks, i have the manual, I was hoping someone knows the shortcuts...

tech51
06-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi guys. I have recently installed a KM Bizhub 1050 at one of my customers, it replaced a Ricoh MP9000. Machine is used 1.4 mil but seems OK, we changed upper and lower fuser rollers on it, it will need a few more miscellaneous parts replaced but there is few questions I'd like to ask...
It is running a 22 page doc on regular 20lb paper, corner stapled, 1000 sets.
Problem #1 - it jams, issue seems to be that machine can't spit the ready set all the way out - is it a common problem? Anything specific I should be looking at? paper is fresh, just out of the rim/box.
Problem #2 - (It made me smile looking at it) when it runs, it outputs only 30 sets and asks to remove paper from output tray, I smiled because this thing is half of the car lengths-wise and stopped and asked to remove 3 inch of paper that it had printed. I was like - "Thats it, is that the best you can do?" Pretty much corvette with 100hp engine like :) Is there a way to over-ride that?
Problem #3 - It would not continue on its own, meaning that after removing a paper jam or adding paper or removing printed media, i have to wait for "Start" button light to go green, press the start only than I can walk away, for many years in business, I can say that I had seen them all, at least most of them but never had to babysit the machine to tell it "Yes I want you to continue" Is there a way to disable this please?
Guys It may seem a rookie question, yes, this is my first KM...
Thank you for your input.
Roman.

Problem 1:- since Im UK based and metric I have no idea what 20lb paper is. Any idea what it is in Gsm? How far out of the finisher does it get?
Problem 2:- There is a dipswitch to turn that off however two things happen. Firstly as the exit tray fills up and lowers the sets start to fall off and go all over the place. Secondly if you fill the exit tray up on a reasonably regular basis (particularly large sizes), the tray lift gears WILL break and need replacing. I had a customer moaning about the exit tray limit but after these two faults had happened (about a month later) he asked me to put the restriction back on. He figured it was better to keep emptying the tray than risk downtime with broken parts.
Problem 3:- These KM machines all work this way but for future reference the office copiers do auto restart. I dont know if there is a way to change this on this model. My customers are used to it and accept it as normal.

I hope Ive been of some help...

kalindd
06-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Problem 3:
Try to change DIPSW 11-1 (Automatic start after paper supply) from 0 to 1.
I'm not sure but it might help.

Custom Search