PDA

View Full Version : 4-series margins/spacing issues

Custom Search

speedtek
06-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Hello, I have frustrating issues on 2 different machines that I think may be related to one another.

The first is a C284 that will not print labels correctly. The customer is using Avery 5160 and 5266 labels, and in both cases the top half of the page the printed information is too low, and on the bottom of the page it is too high. The center row of labels looks fine. The problem started as soon as they upgraded from a C451, on which the labels printed fine. They are using Word 2010.

Things I have tried:
-Latest PCL and PS drivers
-Upgraded firmware to version 70
-Printed from my laptop plugged directly into the machine, with a brand new Word document using the 5160 template.
-Turned compatibility mode off
-Made sure Page Scaling was off
-Printed the same document at our office from my laptop on a 363, C554, and C364e - all of which printed with the correct spacing.

The fact that my laptop does the same thing on their printer, leads me to believe that there is a setting on the printer itself that is out of whack.

The second issue is at another customer site, on a C454e. They are a large corporation, using mostly Win7 64. One user, however, is on Win XP. Anything he tries to print from Excel 2010 the margins are too low, as in, the entire document is about an inch lower than it should be. He sent the same file to a Win7 user and it printed just fine. Again, we have tried both PS and PCL drivers to no avail.

I have an open ticket with KM, and they are stumped as well. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated as I have two very frustrated customers who are eager to have this resolved.

Thanks!

speedtek
07-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Just in case anyone searches for this problem and find this thread, an "All Data Clear" from service mode fixed the label spacing problem - just be sure to back up all addresses and settings first! It's a shame that I was unable to find the exact problem, but the sledgehammer solution of a Data Clear made the customer, and me, happy.

The second problem just kinda went away on its own. Very strange.

Custom Search