PDA

View Full Version : Remove Finisher FS608 from Konica Minolta bizhub c550?

Custom Search

Deepspace
06-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Greetings, thank you in advance for any help...

Finisher fell over in a move and broke output trays and bent the long metal roller shaft at mouth exit of upper tray... :eek: I disconnect the finisher from bizhub c550 and power on to use without the finisher but the screen gives me error saying: "The part indicated by (black arrow) is open, please be sure that it is properly closed." The arrow points to nothing and I can't go to administration or service mode with the error up...

I have another good FS608 finisher in another part of the building so I wheel it over and connect it and this bizhub c550 is happy again but the other c550 no happy...:(

How do I run this thing without the finisher? I can get into administration and/or service mode but I see no settings to enable/disable finisher... are there jumper settings I am overlooking or something? Do I need a paper route re-direction part?

Thanks again,

David.

tech51
06-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Is there a bridge unit (conveyance) between the main body exit and the entry to the finisher? If so remove it and you should be OK

Deepspace
06-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks, unplugged the bridge unit and slid it out... now the machine can function/print to the open cavity (exposed sheet-metal) where the conveyance was but oddly enough finisher settings still show in the LCD menus... (amputee limb sensation... :). is there a cosmetic plastic cover/part number I need to buy so the prints will stack nicely as they come out of the c550 and is there anywhere in the menus or admin or service mode where I need to disable the finisher option?

Thousand Thanks!

tech51
06-14-2013, 08:31 PM
There is normally a cover there for the paper to exit onto. I dont know if its available as a spare. Also you will still have a finisher button because you can select offsett (criss cross) sort without a finisher.

Deepspace
06-14-2013, 08:55 PM
You can in fact get them as a spare for those of you who find yourselves in my situation needing to cover the cavity... google is my/our friend... you have been very helpful tech51!

tech51
06-14-2013, 09:29 PM
You can in fact get them as a spare for those of you who find yourselves in my situation needing to cover the cavity... google is my/our friend... you have been very helpful tech51!
My pleasure..

EarthKmTech
06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
i do believe the output tray was an optional accessory that also included the output cooling fan module.

regarding the fan module, The machine doesn't know if its there or not or care, and ive never noticed what difference it makes on decent, domestically sourced paper.

JustManuals
06-15-2013, 12:09 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search