PDA

View Full Version : KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

Custom Search

printduthu
06-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi all,

I changed new Drum, Developer, Corona charge, and Transfer Belt for KM C6500 , Run "TonerDesitySensor Init" OK. Reset Drum, Corona OK
When I run Color Registration Adjustment the Error2 appear. I changed another Transfer Belt which is working on well to test, the result Error 2 again.

any ideas for me ?

Thank you,

methogod
06-16-2013, 07:56 PM
did you clean the registration sensors??

the unit is opposite the belt. There is a solenoid that open to let the sensors see the belt.

i have had mine get dirty and not code out but will not work well...

we clean with long q-tips. You can pull the transfer belt out and can get your hand back there, just don't use a rag that can make dust, only use a dust proof rags....

let us know. (they do fail, but haven't seen it faill with less then 2.5m)

printduthu
06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
did you clean the registration sensors??

the unit is opposite the belt. There is a solenoid that open to let the sensors see the belt.

i have had mine get dirty and not code out but will not work well...

we clean with long q-tips. You can pull the transfer belt out and can get your hand back there, just don't use a rag that can make dust, only use a dust proof rags....

let us know. (they do fail, but haven't seen it faill with less then 2.5m)

Yes, I did, I clean sensors and try to print PS page, 3 colors CMY seem OK, but the Black is out of alignment .

methogod
06-17-2013, 01:57 AM
i would try to swap out reg. unit.

there not expensive.

printduthu
06-17-2013, 02:28 AM
i would try to swap out reg. unit.

there not expensive.

"reg.unit " you mean the sensors PS9 ? i'm switch software 25-3 on(1). if I switch 25-3 off(0) C4520 will appear.

tech51
06-18-2013, 08:36 PM
"reg.unit " you mean the sensors PS9 ? i'm switch software 25-3 on(1). if I switch 25-3 off(0) C4520 will appear.
So if I read you correctly you have switched off an error code which relates to the sensors which can give the error2 code? If that's correct then maybe you should take the previous posters advice and change the reg assembly or at least swap it with a known good one!

JustManuals
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
06-19-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't know how similar it is, but I had a PRESS C6000 that would not complete the color registration adjustment, with an Error2 message. The machine was new, just out of the box, never made 1 copy. There were also C4651 and C4661 errors. It turned out that the spring in the transfer belt drive coupler was weak. We disassembled the coupler and stretched the spring. It worked fine after that. =^..^=

methogod
06-19-2013, 02:56 AM
first make sure the sensor rack is pluged in all the way, that could be it too...

printduthu
06-20-2013, 04:13 AM
So if I read you correctly you have switched off an error code which relates to the sensors which can give the error2 code? If that's correct then maybe you should take the previous posters advice and change the reg assembly or at least swap it with a known good one!

if I switched off 25-3 to 0 the machine show C4520 , if I switched on 25-3 to 1 the code C4520 disappear but can not run Color Registtra. tool. I changed the PS9 and nothing change , still massage Error 2 when Run Color Registrament .

@JustManuals.com (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/justmanuals-com.html) I bought Service manual from you already and it help nothing to repair inssue.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/statusicon/user-offline.png

Mr Spock
06-21-2013, 12:13 AM
just for the sake of argument did you remove the red screws on the drum?

printduthu
06-21-2013, 01:32 AM
just for the sake of argument did you remove the red screws on the drum?

Yes I did .

Mr Spock
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM
it looks like either there is no black reference marks being produced or it can not see them.
Replacing the sensors would clear up the second option. I would check the transfer roller and make sure it is turning correctly. Check the drum and make sure that is correct. Try a half tone sheet of black and see if it looks correct. try recalling standard data and then doing reg adjustment.

RickB
09-20-2013, 09:30 AM
try running the "Printer Gamma Adjustment" first (to get proper density), then the color registration. and just so you know, the colors all reference to black for registration which is why there isn't a skew adjust for black.

Custom Search