PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C364 - Intermittent "Server Connection Error"

Custom Search

Phrag
06-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I've come across an issue regarding scan to email. What they are saying is that when they scan say 5 lots of 10 pages straight after one another, one or more may fail.

They are receiving intermittent Server Connection Error's when scanning to their email addresses. Out of the last 300 scans, only 16 have failed, ranging from 1 page to 35 pages. I know file size isn't an issue.

They also seem to think the other MFP (a docu-centre something-or-other) has never had an issue, nor did the machine that the C364 replaced.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was the mail server having issues; But the other devices never had an issue.

I've done a search, suggesting SMTP auth. being on when it shouldn't, and port 25 being used.

methogod
06-17-2013, 10:59 AM
could be the isp blocking the ports.

most isp do not use 25 any longer.

what is the smtp setup we can test the setting from here.

dont supply the user name or password, just the basic info. if its a private domain
pm me the hosting network or if they self host.

pepper38_cnd
06-17-2013, 12:22 PM
When ever I have seen email that is hit and mis, it has been a DNS issue. Try extending the time out setting and use the IP Address of the SMTP not the server name and see if you still have issues.

Phrag
06-18-2013, 11:48 PM
When ever I have seen email that is hit and mis, it has been a DNS issue. Try extending the time out setting and use the IP Address of the SMTP not the server name and see if you still have issues.

I think you're spot on, actually.

Went to one of the mines we roleld the C454's out into and they were having the same issue. I was speaking to one of the IT blokes there and he said on a couple that he's been notified about he's changed the SMTP from a name to an IP and that seemed to fixed it.

What I ended up doing what increasing the timeout to 120 seconds as well.

So if this is the case, what could be causing this Name resolution problem?

Frostwolf
11-05-2013, 09:28 PM

I have seen this issue with intermittent error 107.

Next time someone see this, please try turning off "DNS Domain Name Settings" and clear all the field entries (if disable but domain left it will still cause the issue). The last ones I've had auto obtained a name from the domain. This domain was being appended to the email server hostname.

Example below, (using Wireshark to capture data you see something like this)

DNS request was smtp.google.com
(if no response came back fast enough, the copier then asks.)
DNS request was smtp.google.com.google.com
(This of course doesn't exist and fails quickly, much shorter than the timeout settings, In my tests I capitalized the "DNS Default Domain Name" and it would show as smtp.google.com.GOOGLE.COM)

The appended domain caused my DNS failure. I've logged the issue with KMBS, but still trying to get them to look into it further along with a problem where the 4e's of late will not connect to certain email servers.

onlynamenotused
02-07-2018, 06:48 AM

Reviving an old thread here. I'm seeing multiple clients with similar issues, all use office365 configured using the smtp.office365.com configuration method with a konica 364/4/5 series. e and non e models. The issue is intermittent, send 1 page ok. send the same page again and receive a server connection error. Error persists both with customers DNS and Google DNS ? this is the part I don't understand. If I enter the IP address for smtp.office365.com instead of the hostname, no problem - all scans succeed. So its a DNS issue but its effecting the customer DNS (ISP DNS) and also google DNS ? (8.8.8.8). To complicate it further it seems to only be Konica's, I just removed a kyocera and replaced it with a konica using the exactly same smtp.office365.com settings, the kyocera works fine without server connection/dns timeout. The konica's produce regular server connection error's. Confused..

bsm2
02-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Check the time setting on machine and is set to the current date and time and the zone. I know it's weird but have seen it make a difference

Custom Search