PDA

View Full Version : C352 code 2557

Custom Search

Haroldbfix
02-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Code means that there is an insuffcient amount of toner in the Black IU. The IU have been replaced twice. The TCR for the black shows a low level, where as the TCR for the rest of the colors are fine. If you run the auto toner supply for the black it will take up to 10 mins before it finishes. You could then run around 13 copies and then the code reappears.

Im suspecting that there is a problem with the K toner hopper.

P.s. the Serial Number was inputted and the mylar on the toner bottle was removed per Konicaminolta recommendations.
I'll visit this machine tomorrow (Friday)

Anyone seen this problem?

os-b
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Hello,
The best way is to look at the output toner unit/input image unit.
There was a problem with a broken peace of plastic in the wormsystem.
Normaly you don't sea it, cause the same colr og material(black)

Succes
Best regards, Bart

Haroldbfix
02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Is this plastic in the hopper itself? What do you recommend?

os-b
02-16-2008, 10:16 PM
It was a broken peace of plastic from the toner unit.
Normaly it closes the outputway from this unit, by this incident it was not
present at the old toner box. Disconnect the powercord.
Sea the different between the four wormsystems by using a light and put carafully a little screwdriver in the housing.Also yuo can clean the system by using a vacuumcleaner on the toner input system.
First pull out the transferbelt unit for a better way of service.
Also in the techrep. mode you can sea how mutch the result is of toner in the image unit after several copies, by a new image unit it is higher.
Make some black copies and check this value.

Succes.

halia_merah
02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
before u do all the os- b said, try shake the imaging unit 2 or 3 times first(black).sometime the developer or some said stater full in one side of the imaging unit that's make a gear hard to turn.if can't u can go for his advice.actually i face this problem a few times due to carry the imaging unit up side down.

texchar555
02-29-2008, 04:49 AM
hey hey I found the fix. can you believe it its the hopper drive assy. well not the whole thing but you have to oder it becouse its got spring clutches lol lol. I pulled one off today and I had the black one slipping real bad. If you compare it to the rest of the clutches you will see the diff.

Haroldbfix
02-29-2008, 07:47 PM
The problem seems to have been resolved by turning the gears on the Black IU. The previous tech said he tried a couple of Black IU and they did the same thing. The code would appear within 15 copies. After turning the gears it ran 500 straight. So it appears that it was a case of the IU being stored wrong.

Thanks for all the Ideas, I'll keep in mind the spring clucth info also.
One machine fixed and 500 to go.:)

texchar555
03-01-2008, 12:38 AM
harold , if I were you I would just oder the part. One of the techs did the same thing. You can't babysit these customers they will mess it up again. good luck fellow tech.

TugmysterUK
03-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Texchar is right i had the same problem and tried loads and the toner drive assy fixed the problem with the K clutch slipping.. In advance its a lovely job removing it as im sure you will agree Texchar555...

texchar555
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
yes, it was great loads of fun. I turned in a repair ticket to konica minolta and it shoud be on a tech pub. I just have to wait untill they put it on. lol might take for ever. lol

CMB
03-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Solution ID TAUS0701083EN* Solution Usage 10

Description

C255x. Code can be cleared butreoccurs.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. (bizhub C250/C250P/C300/C352/C352P) - Toner is not replenished properly from the Toner Cartridge to the Imaging Unit. TCR sensor detected abnormal
low toner density (C2551 - Cyan, C2553 - Magenta, C2555 - Yellow, C2557 - Black).
Part of the mylar film from the toner bottle blocks the toner replenishment entrance or Toner Cartridge is not set properly.
Remove any obstruction; reseat toner cartridge.
Note :See attached TNI (Technical Notice & Information)for additional information.
To view the document, Microsoft® Word® or Word® Viewer must be installed. Word® Viewer 2003 (11.7MB) can be obtained free from Microsoft® at the
following URL; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&FamilyID=95e24c87-8732-48d5-8689-ab826e7b8fdf .
2. (bizhub C351/C450) - The image unitsrequire modification.
Please perform the procedure outlined in attached Bulletin Number 5934 which addresses a modification to the image units.
Note : To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at:
Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) .
3. bizhub C250/C250P/C252/C252P/C300/C350 - Please refer to the attached documentation addressing the C255x codes.
Note : To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at:
Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) .
Solution

Solution ID TAUS0656158EN* Solution Usage 4

Description

Intermittent C2557.

Solution

CAUSE: The serial number input for the machine is incorrect.
SOLUTION: Input the correct machine serial number by performing the following procedure:
1. Enter the Tech Rep mode.
2. Select System 1.
3. Select Serial Number.
4. Enter the correct serial number and press END.

pat
04-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi,

i also had a few problems with the c2557 code and in a few cases it was a problem with the toner or the toner detection, i guess

in all the cases it went like this:

the machine says "install bk toner" altough there's one in the machine.
we ask the customer to pull the toner out and place it back.
the machine runs a while and falls back to the same message
after a few times, error c2557 appears.
so i went to the customer.
when i removed the toner it felt totally empty, and so it was.
just replaced it, execute reset error status and checked level history 1, should be around 8% for each color.

according to the customer there was no "toner near empty" message displayed whatsoever. but even if the toner runs empty it should say "replace toner bk " instead of "toner bk not installed", not?

anyone had the same problem already?

Custom Search