PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous konica minolta drum cleaning blade lubricant

Custom Search

antoney suresh das
06-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,
Can anyone throw some light on the solid lubricant used on the drum cleaning blade which isyellowish in colour
1.Chemical composition
2.Availability where?
thanks

emujo
06-19-2013, 07:58 PM
All of the KM products I know of use organic drums...the typical setting powder works fine, I haven't heard of any "yellow fluid" used for this purpose. Emujo

tech51
06-19-2013, 08:01 PM
I've never used setting powder in 31 years repairing these things. I have always used toner to lubricate blades. I reckon the yellow powder is just that, yellow toner! And if its a solid, you're heading straight to a scratched drum...

Dickie
06-19-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm with "Tech 31" just dust it well with toner and maybe even spread a little loose toner on the drum, then turn it by hand to make sure it does not flip, before fitting into the machine

msb
06-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi guys,
Can anyone throw some light on the solid lubricant used on the drum cleaning blade which isyellowish in colour
1.Chemical composition
2.Availability where?
thanks

My dear use toner its same.
Cleaning blade used to clean drum from toner

Kidaver
06-19-2013, 10:05 PM
That's what I use for new drums on our C7000p....just take a small paint brush...sprinkle some yellow toner on it...and away we go!

antoney suresh das
06-20-2013, 04:11 AM
Hi,
Guys thanks for responding. When you say that corresponding toner can be used as a lubricant there is no doubt to that. The next time you guys open a black imaging unit take a look at the drum cleaning blade it like any other drum cleaning blade with a yellow coating which will come off when wiped with a cloth with a little pressure the blade underneath is transparent.My observation is this coating could add life to the drum .What say you guys??

EarthKmTech
06-20-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm reasonably certain its just yellow toner.

Phrag
06-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Yellow toner would make sense. It's the hardest of the 4 colours to distinguish patterns on plain white paper.

blazebusiness
06-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi guys,
1.Chemical composition
2.Availability where?
thanksDon't know what that yellow stuff might be but it begs the question: who is the supplier you purchased that drum blade from and maybe call them and ask what it is. As far as drum blade lubricants go: Drums and drum cleaning blades with preapplied lubricant, and those installed in copiers with an automatic drum lubrication cycle using toner, do not usually require additional lubrication before installation. However, for drums and blades that come without preapplied lubricant and are not subject to a lubrication cycle, service technicians should manually apply one of two lubricants — zinc stearate powder or Kynar¨ powder — or else lubricate the drum and blade with new toner, which contains lubricating additives. When properly applied, zinc stearate, Kynar, or new toner will minimize the likelihood of blade-related damage to the drum coating. Most OEMs recommend one of these types of lubricant.

Hansoon
06-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Drums and drum cleaning blades with preapplied lubricant, and those installed in copiers with an automatic drum lubrication cycle using toner, do not usually require additional lubrication before installation. However, for drums and blades that come without preapplied lubricant and are not subject to a lubrication cycle, service technicians should manually apply one of two lubricants — zinc stearate powder or Kynar¨ powder — or else lubricate the drum and blade with new toner, which contains lubricating additives. When properly applied, zinc stearate, Kynar, or new toner will minimize the likelihood of blade-related damage to the drum coating. Most OEMs recommend one of these types of lubricant.

Just out of curiosity, where did you copy this from. :)

BTW: I use since decades just plain toner. Works best.

Hans

blazebusiness
06-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Just out of curiosity, where did you copy this from. :)

BTW: I use since decades just plain toner. Works best.

Hans
It was on a supplier website----Katun I think. And certainly toner works absolutely great.....When I worked for Remco(a Canon dealer later purchased by Ikon), they always provided the powder bags of drum lubricant though. Kynar for the OPC drums & zinc stearate for the Amorph Silicon Drums. Plenty of toner certainly is always right there within reach when u are changing a drum blade....no need to dig in your tools for that powder bag!

Custom Search