PDA

View Full Version : Paper stocks/types best for RISO?

Custom Search

youwithrhinestones
06-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on paper stocks that best absorb the soyoil based RISO ink. I'm mostly working with cardstocks but am looking to hear what people have had success with. Any specific stocks (Domtar, Mowhawk, etc...) or Types that come to mind? Just trying to combat the smudging best I can.

Any advice on drying times or methods is greatly appreciated too!

Thanks in advance.

Iowatech
06-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on paper stocks that best absorb the soyoil based RISO ink. I'm mostly working with cardstocks but am looking to hear what people have had success with. Any specific stocks (Domtar, Mowhawk, etc...) or Types that come to mind? Just trying to combat the smudging best I can.

Any advice on drying times or methods is greatly appreciated too!

Thanks in advance.

What model of Riso are you working with? Risos will run a wide variety of different quality paper stocks correctly if you simply take the time to set the machine up properly. But to advise you correctly it is useful to know what you are working with.
That being said, if you are working with card stock, after you run twenty or so prints stop the job and pull out the drum. When you look at the master on the drum, you will see a clear impression of edges of the paper. If it won't interfere with printing, put some tape over the corners of that impression. The corners of thicker paper, whether it is card stock or envelopes, will wear through the master after a while, and ink will leak from there, causing smudges. Taping the corners up will prevent that.

Custom Search