PDA

View Full Version : SRDF 2

Custom Search

tcypy1961
06-20-2013, 04:56 AM
2 different problems from 2 different copiers both with the doc feeder:
#1 what is cause of crooked copies when using adf??? copier trays are set with 8.5x11R yet they run their originals 11x8.5. If ran 8.5x11R not as crooked. They also notice it when scanning documents to computer.
Thanks!!!

#2 what causes copier to not recognize adf. problem seem to start after fax was installed. Was called out because adf was misfeeding. Documents were placed into feeder and were recognized yet after pressing print button copier shows misfeed in adf and won't reset until copier is turned off/on. If adf top door is opened it's not recognized as being open.
Thanks!!!

Venom
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
first one may be worn pulleys, second one try u906, maybe board bad

Zackuth
06-20-2013, 01:54 PM
#1--I had this once, I had to clean all the rubber rollers in the ADF, not just feed tires.

#2--could be a problem with the fax unit. Try the reset Venom suggested first. If that doesn't work try disconnecting the fax and see if the problem goes away. You might need to reflash the firmware because the fax has been installed.

monstott2010
06-20-2013, 07:50 PM
2 different problems from 2 different copiers both with the doc feeder:
#1 what is cause of crooked copies when using adf??? copier trays are set with 8.5x11R yet they run their originals 11x8.5. If ran 8.5x11R not as crooked. They also notice it when scanning documents to computer.
Thanks!!!

#2 what causes copier to not recognize adf. problem seem to start after fax was installed. Was called out because adf was misfeeding. Documents were placed into feeder and were recognized yet after pressing print button copier shows misfeed in adf and won't reset until copier is turned off/on. If adf top door is opened it's not recognized as being open.
Thanks!!!
Problem #1, make sure the Doc processor is centered and square physically on the machine, there are also adjustments that can be made for skew issues (check the manual) Problem #2, check without fax installed as previously suggested, also, check all the connectors from DP to Board, sounds like something may be loose

blackcat4866
06-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Problem #1, make sure the Doc processor is centered and square physically on the machine, there are also adjustments that can be made for skew issues (check the manual) Problem #2, check without fax installed as previously suggested, also, check all the connectors from DP to Board, sounds like something may be loose

Agree with monstott here. If the DF is not sitting on the machine squarely this can happen. The DF hinges could be worn out. A previous tech could have been trying to compensate for a copy paper skew by matching the skew with the DF.

First use your flashlight to look down the slit between the DF and the top of the scanner while closing. Three of the "feet" should contact the top of the scanner simultaneously. The fourth "foot" you won't have any control over, usually the right front. With a plastic frame DF, a little warping is unavoidable.

Second, open the DF just 3cm and look down the slit glass. Does it line up with the white plate and re-entry mylar? As a starting point, adjust the right rear hinge so that the DF lines up approximately with corners of scanner. For a more accurate adjustment measure from the edge of the mylar to the edge of the slit glass at both the front and the back, and make both measurements the same.

Third, re-adjust the original side-to-side and document stop for the DF.

If the hinges are worn out, you'll never get past the first step.

#1--I had this once, I had to clean all the rubber rollers in the ADF, not just feed tires.

#2--could be a problem with the fax unit. Try the reset Venom suggested first. If that doesn't work try disconnecting the fax and see if the problem goes away. You might need to reflash the firmware because the fax has been installed.

Agree with Zackuth on this one. I had added a Fax Sys J to a FalconII, and got some very strange symptoms. It turned out that the ribbon cable had been yanked out without releasing the connector before it came to me, causing the ribbon contacts to curl a little at the edges. I was able to successfully trim the end of the ribbon cable with heavy shears.

There are two different fax systems that can be used on the FalconII (Fax Sys F and Fax Sys J), so it's possible that the machine was already loaded with the wrong fax firmware. Both firmwares are available in the combined firmware. The correct one will be loaded.

Can't access service mode. Can't download fax firmware. Can't access Fax Defaults in the System Menu (only the double beep). Can't access Fax Reports tab in the Fax screen (button grayed out). "Cover Open" indication when no covers are open. "Please Wait. Cannot be combined." when attempting to fax out. Ribbon cable from the fax control PWB to the main control PWB is damaged by removing the cable without releasing the clasp. Trim off the damaged end, or replace the ribbon cable (3CM27010).

=^..^=

Custom Search