PDA

View Full Version : Secure print help needed

Custom Search

wseyller
06-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Bizhub 751. I created a user box with ID and pin number. On windows driver set output method to secure print and inputted ID and pin number. Press OK to print and receive confirmation to send job with these settings. On copier open user box and no jobs appear. Tried several times. Job list history in save jobs it shows all my jobs as successful but I don't know where the jobs are at to release them. My first experience with the feature so what am I doing wrong. I went to system boxes and tried the one called secure print and tried the user ID and password there but I get failed to authenticate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wseyller
06-22-2013, 06:19 AM
After some further research it seams the system box for secure print is where it should be to release the job I think. But I get failed to auth. One important thing that thing I didn't mention is the driver installed on their server looks to be a 600/750 driver. Is this the issue? Is the encryption of the password different?

wseyller
06-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Bump. Anyone have any advice. I will be visiting this copier today.

Darren King
06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Maybe try having them print to user box instead of secure print.

wseyller
06-24-2013, 05:19 PM
I may try that. I did find in the IC-208 Print Operations manual on page 172 that I may need to setup a user-define encryption phrase on both the copier and print driver. If no good I may install the print driver for the correct model to see if it helps.

scottybbb
06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Is there a hard drive installed on the machine.

wseyller
06-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Is there a hard drive installed on the machine.

Yes.

I didn't get a chance to get to them today and I had to travel for some training this week. So the call is gonna be transfer to someone else.

emujo
06-25-2013, 01:14 PM
FYI, you must use the correct driver for most of the functions to work correctly...Emujo

Custom Search