PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Minolta Copier Model 209 Stuck on "Konica Minolta" Screen

Custom Search

Tygerlondon
06-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi all,

My small, family-owned business recently purchased a Minolta copier, model 209 at an auction (I know, I know, it was a gamble, but we decided to take it...). Anyway, physically it looks great, but when the machine is turned fully on it seems to get "stuck" in the warm-up process--the "Konica Minolta" screen doesn't leave the display.

Any idea how to reset this or what the problem could be? I appreciate any solid advice.

Many, many thanks.

richwalker
06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Had this on one of my training courses at KMBS, the harness that connects the control panel to the main pcb is disconnected.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

fixthecopier
06-25-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't have any 209's, but on a bizhub, a problem like that is related to the process board, or MFB. They cost a lot. I would suggest you call a tech. It will save you money in the end, and once running, he or she can give you a lot of info about how to maintain it.

Tygerlondon
06-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks, you two. I really appreciate it.

Is the harness something that I can reconnect myself? I am decently handy and have a maintenance man on hand, but neither one of us really know anything about copiers.

I am certainly not above calling a tech; I just want to make sure this isn't a simple-fix before I call someone in--our little business has really limited funds these days, plus I like doing things myself when I can for the general knowledge gained.

Thanks again.

Custom Search