PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C224, address book email setting not avaialable

Custom Search

flysa1
06-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi,

I have a Bizhub C224. When I go to Admin Settings and Create One Touch, Address Book, the Email option is not available. But when I log into the web interface of machine, under Store Address, and I choose New Registration, I can Chose Email option and create the address entry. But after logout, and going to Fax/Scan on the machine, the email address one-touch entry I created does not show. So I cannot use that scan to email at all.

Also, when I enter Admin Mode on the machine and go to Network settings and Email Setting, I can access the E-mail TX (SMTP) setting, but I can't find the E-mail TX (SMTP setting) in Admin mode on the web interface?

This is my first post here, so I hope I did it right. Any help would be much appreciated.

bizhub1
06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
If it is a 224e, they have been coming with scan to email turned off in the admin mode!

flysa1
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Ok, thank you for the reply, but I am not sure that it is the e-model. is there away to check?
If so, is there a way to enable it via software switches or not?

Problem is, I am almost sure these settings was available before, but I might be mistaken. Funny thing is that I can enter an email store address andsave it, but it doesn't show in any of the indexes, even if I chose Main when creating it.

tech51
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Ok, thank you for the reply, but I am not sure that it is the e-model. is there away to check?
If so, is there a way to enable it via software switches or not?

Problem is, I am almost sure these settings was available before, but I might be mistaken. Funny thing is that I can enter an email store address andsave it, but it doesn't show in any of the indexes, even if I chose Main when creating it.
It's easy to check which one you have. The e model has no sliding ops panel or 10 key buttons..

emujo
06-26-2013, 08:40 PM
It's one of two things, either scan to email is off (and as previous post stated) by default. You must enable through the Admin mode via the LCD, or if authentication is turned on, you have scan to email prohibited. This would explain why you can create the one touch buttons, but not see them in the scan view. Emujo

flysa1
07-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Thank you guys!

It was the Scan To Email option that was off in the Admin Mode under Network Settings, Email Settings and SMTP settings! Appreciate your help.

Custom Search