PDA

View Full Version : HL5370DW

Custom Search

tcypy1961
06-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Customer called for replace drum unit. I found the reset procedure and it works only temporary; Is replacing the drum a sure thing??? This has been the only machine that has not stayed reset.
Thanks!!!

Dickie
06-27-2013, 10:40 AM
If you buy an original Brother drum unit & can be bothered to read the instructions in the box when you fit it instead of just fitting it in the machine, you will find that you need to tell the machine that you have fitted a new drum. Brother machines only say change drum soon and do not stop even at 0% life remaining. The downside of running on however is increased toner usage and possible damage of toner roller on the toner unit.(pock marking in the toner ) If when you change the drum you do not see a nice even coating of toner on the toner roller it is best to fit a new toner unit at the same time.
If you do not do this toner spills out of the toner unit and migrates onto the charge grid in the drum unit which then boosts charge and causes damage to the toner roller thus putting you in a never ending cycle of poor print quality ( can be feint print or a grey background all over the page).
The only way to get back on track is to fit both toner and drum together.

Brother printers increase grid bias voltage as the drum ages so it is imperative that you reset the drum life count when you replace or you will be overcharging the new drum, also just resetting the drum life count is a bad idea as the charge level on a worn drum will be totally incorrect leading to increased toner use and spillage and damage to the toner roller as per paragraph above

Hope this long winded explanation helps.

Hank
06-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Find your replay quite interesting.
Have you actually measured by any chance what is the grid voltage increase over the life time of the OPC ?
I have read +785Volts at start up but never though of checking it out after 20000 pages or so. In fact I always considered
the grid charge would remains steady to allow the detection to operate properly when the wire collects dirt.
Thanks

Custom Search