PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c450: Scan to Email using gmail

Custom Search

wr80
06-28-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm trying to set up our scanner to scan to email which worked fine with exchange now that i'm using gmail with it, it won't send. I figure it has something to do with ports and ssl but i'm not familiar with this all in one.

logrady2331
06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Gmail is tricky at best. When I have a customer that has no internal e-mail server I set them up with a Yahoo account. Create an account on Yahoo then put the ip address of thier relay server (98.138.105.21) in the "SMTP server name", port 587, authentication "on", put the user name and password you created in Yahoo and you're done.

wseyller
06-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Some of the older models don't support SSL. Gmail requires SSL. Now I'm not sure if the C450 has SSL or not. I rarely do connects this model. Also with yahoo I think you may have to sign in to the account every few months so the account doesn't get deleted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wr80
06-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Some of the older models don't support SSL. Gmail requires SSL. Now I'm not sure if the C450 has SSL or not. I rarely do connects this model. Also with yahoo I think you may have to sign in to the account every few months so the account doesn't get deleted.

This is my fear, worst case scenario i'll make a shared network drive and have it scan to that. But I really wish I could get the email on it working =\

wseyller
06-29-2013, 02:17 AM
This is my fear, worst case scenario i'll make a shared network drive and have it scan to that. But I really wish I could get the email on it working =\

Ask them who they use for their ISP. Sometimes you can use their ISPs mail server as long as they subscribe to their network. This usually provides a non SSL solution. Of course if they change their ISP then it won't work anymore. Sometimes you have to let the customer know that unless they provide a mail server with specifications that the copier requires then they are out of luck. Also "gmx" is another SSL capable free mail server but I have had mixed results with it working.

TheOwl
07-04-2013, 11:24 AM
SMTP Server - smtp.gmail.com
Start TLS - Use SSL
Port Number - 587
Username - email address
Password - Password to the email address

Custom Search