PDA

View Full Version : SamCrap 6345

Custom Search

Akitu
06-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi guys!

Anyone seen problems with a 6345 creasing pages randomly? Will dog ear the rear corner of paper exiting out of either tray 1 or 2 sometimes, and may or may not fold the page over in that same rear corner and in the middle. No rhyme or reason to the creasing as far as I can see, does it randomly and can't be pinpointed.

If anyone's got tips, they would be appreciated.

blackcat4866
06-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Is the dog-ear before or after imaging? (Blank dog-ear or imaged dog-ear?) That will tell you if it's happening before image transfer or after.

I don't really like the term 'randomly' because there always is a pattern, it's just a lot more obvious after you identify that pattern. The three most obvious causes are:

moist paper
incorrect media settings (heavy paper set when plain paper is loaded)
fuser roller wear.

But you already knew that.

Is it affecting a specific size or paper type more than another? =^..^=

JustManuals
06-30-2013, 05:46 PM
If you want a FREE copy of the Parts & Service manual, shoot me an email. You know it :)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Akitu
07-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Is the dog-ear before or after imaging? (Blank dog-ear or imaged dog-ear?) That will tell you if it's happening before image transfer or after.

I don't really like the term 'randomly' because there always is a pattern, it's just a lot more obvious after you identify that pattern. The three most obvious causes are:

moist paper
incorrect media settings (heavy paper set when plain paper is loaded)
fuser roller wear.

But you already knew that.

Is it affecting a specific size or paper type more than another? =^..^=

I went back slightly after hours the same day and resolved my own problem. The dog earing was happening both before and after imaging, it was truly random in when it occurred, but not in placement. Placement was always a quarter circular shape in the rear frame lead edge. Was not affecting either tray, they run 8.5 x 11 out of both trays.

Problem was the transfer roller - it will fit both ways, but only one way is the correct way... It would intermittently contact the frame of the holder for the unit, hitting paper along the way and that was causing my dog ears and wrinkling.

Akitu
07-02-2013, 02:11 PM
If you want a FREE copy of the Parts & Service manual, shoot me an email. You know it :)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Offer's appreciated Paul, I still haven't forgotten! Will definitely shoot you an email the moment I need a manual.

krm
07-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Paul@justmanuals.com

Paul, you must be checking if anybody reads your posts. That word "FREE" always bites me in the ass.

Custom Search