PDA

View Full Version : Old EP 1085 with occasional blurry copy

Custom Search

krm
07-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I know it's old, but I need it fixed. I replaced the clutches and cleaned and still gets random blurry line on copy. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

minimerlin
07-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I know it's old, but I need it fixed. I replaced the clutches and cleaned and still gets random blurry line on copy. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.I would suggest you make sure the mag roller bushings/bearings have not started to seize up, that was normally the reason for such faults if you have done the feed clutches etc you should be able to turn the mag roller easily. I have had problems with the transport clutch as well but anything could be the cause on an elderly machine! Also look at the drum spacers!

1FRY1
07-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Main cause of this used to be a cracked gear on the transport or reg clutch

Just double check the plastic gears when its not under stress it can be difficult to see clearly.

Brush too big on the mag roller causing the drum to judder set the doc blade gap.

I used to love these machines not seen one for probably 5 years

Hansoon
07-03-2013, 03:09 AM
If you make a copy on large paper like A3 (or your equivalent) does it repeat or occur only once?

Hans

Don N.
07-03-2013, 05:59 PM
If spacers are worn or mag brush too large, you can usually see a burnished dull surface on the drum. Likely more visible on front or rear end, not even.

JustManuals
07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

krm
07-12-2013, 03:07 AM
The machine is being picked up and I will look it over at the shop. Left them a better machine. I will update with solution if I don't retire it!

Hansoon
07-12-2013, 05:46 AM
Left them a better machine

There is no better analog machine in this speed range. However, parts are obsolete so its time is over.

Hans

Custom Search