PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica-Minolta C250, C350 & C550

Custom Search

onie
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I have a customer who is returning leased printers and wants the data erased. I've looked at the specifications for these printers and it shows that a hard disk is optional for C250 & C350. However, the specs don't say what type interface. However, I believe the HDDs would be IDE. Can anyone confirm the type interface and physical size (3.5")?

Thanks

emujo
07-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't think the HDDs are optional on the color units, maybe on the older MFPs, but the C550 came with a HDD. There is an option in service mode to wipe the HDDs, it conforms to DOD EAL level 3 specs. Unless the customer is anal and simply must have the HDDs, this erasure should be sufficient for most instances. Basically it returns the MFP to factory specs and writes/deletes the entire HDD. Mode 1 takes around 1 hour to complete, the highest level can take around 12 hours to finish, Emujo

onie
07-03-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't think the HDDs are optional on the color units, maybe on the older MFPs, but the C550 came with a HDD. There is an option in service mode to wipe the HDDs, it conforms to DOD EAL level 3 specs. Unless the customer is anal and simply must have the HDDs, this erasure should be sufficient for most instances. Basically it returns the MFP to factory specs and writes/deletes the entire HDD. Mode 1 takes around 1 hour to complete, the highest level can take around 12 hours to finish, Emujo

You're right. My question has not been answered. And 'yes' the customer has unplugged these printers and does not want me to use the Service commands (I don't know why - unless the Service menu is password protected and they don't want to incur a cost from the lessor).

HP:guy
07-03-2013, 06:10 PM
They should be charged to erase this data or charge the for the hard drive and install a new one.

blaze2000
07-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I believe they use 2.5" ide drives

EarthKmTech
07-03-2013, 10:43 PM
the hard drives on those models were all originally 2.5" IDE

the C550 depending on serial number may have a 2.5" SATA drive with an IDE translator board.

wseyller
07-04-2013, 01:13 AM
We would offer the customer to buy the hard drive in this case and let them deal with it if they are that paranoid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search