PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone provide print speeds for Bizhub 363?

Custom Search

Don N.
07-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Customer wants to upgrade from Bizhub 200, 250 & 350 due to slow printing of larger files, esp. PDF's. We know how to get best speed possible from these, but I need proof that the BH363 is much faster. Server 2008 network, not peer to peer. Anybody have tangible evidence/comparisons?
Thanks!

SmellsHot
07-03-2013, 08:06 PM
print a 100 pages and video record the results :)
The 363 is much faster than the 350. The 350's received pdf's like they were individual pages. Where as the 363 functions like a normal printer....

Don N.
07-03-2013, 08:30 PM
I should have specified we are independant, sell 90% refurbs. I can get a used one whsle and sell him, but have none of these to test. Haven't sold 363's yet. Their it guy wants to see a server network print a good sized PDF as proof. Whole deal rides on that.

Denward
07-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Well other than the Minolta page stating the 36 PPM
bizhub 363 Black & White Printers from Konica Minolta (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/portal/web/home/products/office-systems/bw-mfps/bizhub-363)
You'd have to physically show him or take a video as the above post suggests.

Also depending on the size of the PDFs can try using a Post Script driver instead of a PCL

If you have access to the Minolta KB through the SSD you can check out the article that is suppose to help with the slow PDF printing for the Bizhub 200/250/350, but is only stated as a work around. Providing that as information that Minolta was aware and fixed the issue might help
KB Article:TAUS0701766EN

Don N.
07-03-2013, 11:43 PM
The KB article is a lame apology/dodge. We use the VPS driver, we check "print as image" in pdf advanced box, we set it to default printer if it doesn't drive customer crazy to see one page at a time print out and occupy the machine all day. Don't mean to turn this into an expose' on a very slow printer, just wonder if anybody can document an upgraded customer's gee whiz moment when they saw the 363 do what the 350 won't... crank out large documents at rated speed.

Mr Spock
07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
First off there are issues with pdf printing. I have seen version 9 actually rip the job faster then adobe reader 10 or 11. That is one issue. Print as image is a decent workaround but does not really help when using pcl. The vps driver does work better but you need to see the size of the job that is being sent to the printer to actually see the issue. I had a pdf that was 698KB (according to the file manager) turn into a 6.9MGB print job. Now on a 100mb network that will take some time just to spool. Add in the fact the job goes to the server then back out to the printer you can see that this will take 2-5 minutes just to get to the printer with no network issues.

Darren King
07-04-2013, 12:06 AM
The BH363 is definitely a faster printer than the BH350. No question!

Custom Search