PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c550 add jams scan only

Custom Search

blazebusiness
07-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Customer complaining that df611 feeder works great when copying using the adf but jams when trying to scan image to the computer. .....weird.......any ideas?

blazebusiness
07-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Customer complaining that df611 feeder works great when copying using the adf but jams when trying to scan image to the computer. .....weird.......any ideas? Ok , update...went to customer and it will scan about 14 pages then it says "Failed to complete job. Check log " on the display. When you hit detail says error-server connection error.

darry1322
07-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Scanning to email with a size limit set?

methogod
07-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Copying scans slower at 600 DPI, where as the default scan speed is 200/300 DPI - i would try Scanning at 600 dpi and see if it works. if it does then you know its the DF @ faster speeds something with the timing is casuing the faster cycle to error out.

Need more info and a jam code... Look in the history and get back to me...

My experience is this is usually something very minor, like a piece of paper or a plastic bur causing issues at the faster pace.

Could be the email limit, but i would test with scan to box/smb, as well as test SEF vs LEF, so if that helps, try to isolate the exact place it hangs up.

Mr Spock
07-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Server connect error is rather generic. basically means that the destination (for smb) could not be found or (incase of email) the email server settings are not correct.

blazebusiness
07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Server connect error is rather generic. basically means that the destination (for smb) could not be found or (incase of email) the email server settings are not correct.Spock (The Vulcan copier repairman)nailed it....settings were not correct for a destination. ...so machine would scan 14 or 15 sheets & then the job timed out and was deleted. Used another scan destination and df-611 fed a large stack of paper fine for me. But, since they are complaining of intermittent jams, will replace the PU , feed & sep rollers & see if that resolves the issue. The origionals they are trying to feed are not the best either....bent corners/wrinkled...and such. Customers often think unrealistically that the doc feeder should handle anything they pull out of their file cabinet. Guys- I appreciate all of your responses. Live long & repair copiers & prosper.2132821331213322133421329

Custom Search