PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous PS direct printing

Custom Search

Cheesy007
07-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi all
I have a customer that prints PS direct to a B1200 the machine does not print at 1200dpi when we print this way.
How do I set the engine to print at 1200dpi by default for PS direct printing?
I do not see any thing in the service manual about this and do not see any DPsw for this.
Or is there a PS tag you need for the file to resolve this as you would normally set this in the driver.

Regards;)

Cheesy

methogod
07-03-2013, 10:57 PM
should be a setting in the controler, i know on the 950/920 you can set stuff like this for direct print/ web print.

not my cup of tea the 1200, why are they printing direct? better question how do they know its not 1200 DPI, did they count?

methogod
07-03-2013, 11:41 PM
should be a setting in the controler, i know on the 950/920 you can set stuff like this for direct print/ web print.

not my cup of tea the 1200, why are they printing direct? better question how do they know its not 1200 DPI, did they count the dots?

TheOwl
07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't know how good your understanding of PS is, but within the PS coding, the machine is told at which DPi it should run at. If this isn't included within the PS data, then the machine uses it's default.

The next thing you will have to provide is the print controller type that the machine is using as Fiery and Micropress controllers are a different kettle of fish.

Also, how is the PS data sent to the machine? Is it sent via IP or does it go via one of the RIP systems?

Custom Search