PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 - account track issues on Win7 64 Enterprise

Custom Search

dale_cpt
07-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi all

1st post for me in here.

Hoping someone can give me a hand. We upgraded our Bizhub 250 to a 283 recently, and had it reconfigured. The guy who installed for us gave me a crash course in the changed settings - we had no authentication required to print on the old one, only to copy, but now we have to authenticate for everything.

It was all going great guns until somebody arrived with a new laptop this morning which I cannot get onto the system. Drivers install fine and the machine is installed via a TCP/IP address; no worries there. Basically, I get to the stage where I would normally click Account Track and put in the username and password and click Verify, but these options are greyed out. Additionally, the username has that person's laptop/Novell network login ID in it already, not the username she uses for the Bizhub. Since it's greyed out, I can't change it. I can click Verify (that is lit up as usable), but I can't alter the name in there or add a password.

I had a quick look through the settings/preferences but can't see anything obvious for the Bizhub, so I'm not sure if this might be a Windows issue or a Novell issue, since we have a Novell network. Either way, I'm stumped. Other machines with Win7 64 Enterprise (our standard OS), Vista 32/64 or even XP Pro 32 have not had this problem in the 5 weeks since we got the new Bizhub.

Anyone perhaps have any ideas? Plan B is to log a call with the service engineer for the morning, but I'm hoping I can get it resolved without needing someone to come out and uncheck the box I have missed somewhere.

Thanks in advance
Dale
Cape Town

paulrid
07-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi Dale,

On the new laptop go to the driver and right click and then click on printer propaties then the tab called configure (I think) then look for account tract and enable it. You should now be able to enter the pin number.

Paul.

dale_cpt
07-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi Dale,

On the new laptop go to the driver and right click and then click on printer propaties then the tab called configure (I think) then look for account tract and enable it. You should now be able to enter the pin number.

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply.

I can't adjust the setting - presumably that is set to On in the machine somewhere. If I look at the setting, it says disabled and it's greyed out too and can't be changed. Under the config tab, it says User Authentication - ON (Device) and Account Track - Disable. Both of these cannot be adjusted (both greyed out), but they are set the same on my laptop and the two other machines in my office which I checked against, so I assume those are correct since we can print.

For clarity, since there are several options in there - it is the Recipient User which I need to change on the Account Track tab, under User Authentication. Options are Public USer or Recipient User and apparently, according to the agents who set it up for us, it is Recipient User which needs amending (and which has the Novell login username stuck in it on the the new laptop).

Thanks
-d-

JR2ALTA
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Uncheck "auto" in the device settings box and instead enter the IP, this will let you manually enable account track

Darren King
07-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Sounds like you are not logged into the laptop as an administrator.

dale_cpt
07-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Uncheck "auto" in the device settings box and instead enter the IP, this will let you manually enable account track

Hi

Thanks, but I'm not sure which settings box to look in. Is this from the right-click ---> print preferences area where you put in your login and double sided pages etc, or from the main Print Properties where you configure the port and print test pages and things?

Sounds like you are not logged into the laptop as an administrator.

I'll have to check tomorrow, but I think the user is an admin otherwise I don't think we could have added the printer in the first place.

Thanks
-d-

JR2ALTA
07-08-2013, 08:17 PM
It's in the config tab that you mentioned. The machine defaults to automatically (auto) detect machine settings and options, but this doesn't always work, I which case you turn off auto and force the changes. They will no longer be greyed out

dale_cpt
07-08-2013, 08:21 PM
It's in the config tab that you mentioned. The machine defaults to automatically (auto) detect machine settings and options, but this doesn't always work, I which case you turn off auto and force the changes. They will no longer be greyed out

Okay, great, I'll have a crack at that first thing tomorrow.

Thanks
-d-

dale_cpt
07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, the user did have admin rights to her workstation account after all. And I managed to get into the config as described, and I can change almost anything in there with no trouble.

But in the print preferences, the username is still stuck as her laptop/workstation login and unalterable. I have gone to Plan B temporarily, which is adding her workstation login as a user to the Bizhub, while I wait for Konica to come in next Thursday for some routine maintenance and hopefully they can give me a hand if it is not yet resolved. Plan B appears to have worked in that we can print with no hassles, so it is all smiles for now.

Thanks for the assistance in the interim, though.

-d-

emujo
07-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah, this is an issue with the new 4 series drivers...on older models, if you allowed "Print without authentication", then the driver picked it up auto and print jobs ran fine. It kinda defeats the purpose to turn this feature on and them have to go into the driver and uncheck the "AUTO". Now any changes to the MFP will no longer be picked up automatically...this includes paper size/media changes, new/removed authentication codes. We opened a ticket with KM to get this corrected, but no joy yet. Emujo

Custom Search